Chapter Three: The Roommates

Once the great feast was finished we were motioned to follow the head prefects down to our respective common rooms. I stand alone and follow alone, we weave through the castle and go down the stairs. I take great note of my surroundings. I will need to create a map of this place. One that will advise of each classroom, and where each person was located. We reach the dungeons that reminded me of the same ones we had in Nurmengard. Cold, wet,and unfriendly. We reach one portrait that is down here. The picture is of Merlin, one of the greatest wizards and one that shares the same ideologies as my family. The older boy at the front of the Slytherins advises us all that the password to enter is "pureblood" I smirk to myself. This might be easier than I thought. If this house thinks that the pureblood is necessary to continue the wizard race. Then this will be easier.

The common room is warm and inviting. With green and silver decor. One wall of the room was an entire window viewing some sort of lake or river, with various creatures floating around. If Isabella was anyone else she would be impressed. But Isabella had been bought up in Nurmengard, it was far more impressive than this castle. We are told to go retire to our dorms, to relax and unpack to get ready for the start of school.

My dorm was the first door, my name in at the top with 2 other girls. Walburga Dolohov and Matilda Lestrange. I pull open the door, and am engulfed in a hug by two pretty brunette girls.

"Oh my god! Are you ok? We read about you in the Daily Prophet, you know you were almost given the dementors kiss?" She asks with a look of concern on her face. "I am Matilda this is Walburga. We wanted to talk to you at the feast but, we didn't want you to feel overwhelmed."

" Thank you Matilda I appreciate that. It's nice to meet you both. I guess you already know who I am?"

"Yes,of-course we do. You're famous. We want you to know that we are here to help you in any way that you need." Walburga says, almost a look of pity on her face.

"Look,girls, I don't need your pity. I do need you to be my eyes though, be my guide through this sorry excuse for a school."

"Of-course, Isabella, anything that you need."

"Please call me Bella, look, let's unpack, and then you can tell me how to navigate this school. Tell me who is hot, and who to stay away from." I want them to believe I am just your average teenage girl. I need to blend in before I can start gathering followers. Making friends will be the first step.

The girls nod at me and flitter around the room laughing and unpacking. I go to what I can only assume as my bed and trunk. I open it to see, only a few items, nothing substantial and none of my dark objects. I frantically dig around my trunk to pull out a small serpent-shaped necklace and place it around my neck. My most valuable possession.

The girls and I change into our nightgowns and hop into bed. Walburga and Matilda catch up on their summers. The girls sound unbelievably loaded. Both spending there summers in exotic locations.

"So girls, tell me about the boys here?" I never spent a lot of time around girls my age as I was on missions a lot. But boys were easy, and I had my fair few.

"Ohhh, there are so many. Well, I am currently crushing hard on Orion Black, I think this year he is going to ask me to be his girlfriend, but I don't know. And well, Slytherin is the only house with hot guys. So in our year, there is Abraxas, he is like this really hot blonde guy. Then there is Tom, he is like the hottest guy in the school, but he only seems to use girls. He doesn't date them." She explained.

"Oh so he likes to have sex with girls?" I ask? Sex is an uncomfortable topic for many girls in the 40s. Both the girls blush heavily at this.

"Yeah, he does, including the both of us. It almost ruined our friendship. When you meet him Bella, you'll understand." Matilda states.

"I'm sure I will be immune to his charms. Tell me about the professors, Dumbledore seems like a bit of an old fool?" I ask. Gathering intel.

"Yeah, he can be a little weird at times, but he is harmless. He teaches Transfiguration. Then there is Slughorn, he is head of house here. The potions professor, he always favors the Slytherins in his house."

"Professor Merrythought though is the favorite of ours those, she teaches defense against the dark arts. Her classes are dead easy, and a lot of fun, she is one of the only professors that let us practice magic."

"The other professors are fine. I mean, they are teachers. Just boring nothing exciting at all." The girls explain.

"Enough talk. I am tired. Bella, we will guide you tomorrow through all your classes. You have nothing to worry about. We have your back." And with that, we lie down, rest our heads on the pillow.