Chapter Eleven: Alliances

The day following the duel everyone seemed to be but more fond of Isabelle, people stopping her in the hallway and congratulating her on her skillset. She didn't like it. She loved being the anonymous girl that people would whisper about when she walked past. She took confidence from that. 

One bad thing about drawing the duel. Was the Stefan was back on her heels, trying to get her into any dark corner and grope her. Luckily for her, Tom Riddle was more possessive than ever. Constantly by her side and fending the disgusting boy at every turn.

When they both entered the great hall they were once again greeted by a massive cheer from there peers. They both smiled and waved and made their way to the Slytherin table to begin there breakfast.

"Belle, this is ridiculous. What's it like being the new celebrity of the school? I would kill for this much attention." Matilda stating not really wanting an answer she continued in speaking about how popular she wanted to be and how jealous she was. Tom and Isabelle slipped from the table after eating as little as they could get away with, and in silence walked to the second-floor girl's bathroom. Tom said the words and they entered the chamber.

"I think its time for you to make your Horcrux. No-one will suspect you" spoken in parseltongue as it felt write to be speaking the mouth of snakes in this sacred place.

"Yes, I do agree. The basilisk will help me."

"The basilisk. That would be perfect, there hasn't been death by basilisk in centuries no-one will figure it out. Awaken it and let it start its work." She almost commanded. Tom spoke the words, they then both closed there eyes as the sleeping serpent awoke and awaiting its direction from its master.

"You have woken me great heir of Slytherin, and you have bought me my first meal how generous." Isabelle knew the snake was talking about her and she was not having it. But Tom beat her to it. Commanding the snake.

"You are not to harm Isabelle, we are in an alliance. She is to be your mistress when I cannot."

"Yes master"

"Purge the school of mudbloods. You know what to do" She hisses back, Tom and her turn to leave. Only then opening there eyes and looking at one another, now it was only a matter of time before someone died. They smiled and for once they were truly on the same page.

They make it to potions just in time for Slughorn to open the door. Instead of going straight to the work stations today, he had us all standing in front of the class surrounding a potion, much like the first day.

"Class, very exciting today. We are going to talk more about armontentia. I know you girls are very excited." All the girls in the class started giggling. I hid my rolling eyes. 

"This would usually be a sixth-year potion but I couldn't resist. Alright first off I want each of you to smell the potion and advise me of at least one thing you can smell. It smells different to everyone, it will smell of someone you love or are attracted to. Let's start with Tom. Tell me what you can smell." Tom walked up to the potion very cautiously and took a massive breath. A look of confusion overtook his face.

"I can smell, well its not an exact smell, but I can smell bleach, I think." That's weird, why would someone smell like bleach?

"Very good my boy, very good." Each member of the class had there turn smelling the potion with everyone smelling various flowers and perfumes, often blushing at there answers. I hid at the back hoping that I would be missed. 

"Miss Grindlewald, it's your turn, don't be shy." I hesitantly walked up to the potion. I don't love, that's why I am my father's perfect soldier. A child born under a love potion.

"I smell..." I don't smell anything, but I can't admit it. But could there be? I small hint of. " I can smell the ocean, sir." Slughorn chuckles.

"Maybe you're destined to marry a sailor then." He chuckles at his own joke, even though it's not remotely amusing, I sneak back into the rest of the students.

"Ok, so the real reason I wanted to do this potion today, is that there has been some new research released. It has been found by the alchemist Nicholas Flemmel that a person born under this potion can indeed feel love." There were murmurs through the class, I was greatly intrigued. I wanted everyone to be quiet. "Yes, they can indeed, but there is one catch. They can only love someone else with the same ailment. Which is incredibly rare. It took him 200 years to discover this. But it's true. " I scoffed, it's impossible. I still will never love, the chances of someone else to be born under the same conditions was impossible. I will speak with Dumbledor about this.

After this revelation, which really was nothing, Slughorn instructed us to attempt to make this potion, it's incredibly difficult and will take years to brew correctly. I took to my normal desk next to Tom. Usually, he would have some quip of how stupid the professor was, but today he was silent, eyebrow furrowed. When the class finished he didn't even walk with me to the next class, nor did he show up for the rest of the day.