CHAPTER EIGHT: THE UPSIDE DOWN

"They left. They're gone." Mike said, referring to Nancy and Jonathan as he walked back in from the hallways.

"They're probably making out." River joked as Mike glared at her, shaking his head.

She only cleared her throat and awkwardly looked away, and fiddling with the many rubber bands around her wrist.

Though Dustin had randomly gotten up, and Lucas followed, grabbing everyone's attention. "Where are you going?" River called out, sitting up as El raised her head off of the girls shoulder.

"To find some pudding." Dustin answered, bluntly, before continuing to run out.

"I'm hungry." River muttered, glancing at Mike and El, before getting up and running towards the exit as well, following the two boys. They had bickered and spoke over each other while searching for the pudding, nudging each other every now and then, until Dustin found it and smiled.

"I knew that bitch had some hiding." He smiled, before turning, and yelling In Rivers ear, causing her to groan, "Mike! I found the chocolate pudding."

"Here, give me one." River spoke up, as Dustin sent her a playful smile, shaking her head. "No- I-I'm hungry, Dustin. Come on." She pleaded, while he blocked her from getting any.

"Dustin." She shook her head, pushing him aside causing him to yelp as he stumbled, and Lucas laughed, watching as River took some.

She quickly opened it and looked around for any sight of spoons, in which she easily found. "I'm gonna go see if El wants to try it, shes most likely super hungry too." River spoke, her mouth full as the two boys gave her a nod, allowing her to walk off. It was cute that her first thought was of El, as they found the pudding.

She walked back into the room, and kind of immediately wished she didn't when she looked up to see Mike and El kissing. It wasn't a huge deal, that's what River told herself, but it wasn't all that true. The truth that maybe River wouldn't say out loud, or admit to anyone ever, was that she wanted Mike to kiss her. She was jealous.

It was all different now. Mike liked Eleven now and River had to deal with it, the whole party was just different now, as much as she hated it. She just needed to simply get over everything.

The only thing that broke River out of the slightly shocked stance she was in, were the cars she heard pull up, causing her eyes to widen. "Shit."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

The five of them were all running from side to side, trying to get away from what they called the Bad Men. Everything was happening so fast, they hadn't stopped running until a certain blonde lady had showed up, pointing a gun at the kids, with a bunch of others who had them cornered.

Silence filled the room as El glared at her, and soon gushing sounds were heard, and every bad guy in sight of them dropped dead. She blew their heads up, causing everyone to glance at each other in shock.

El was now completely drained by the looks of it, when she collapsed down, River had no hesitation to run up to her, and kneel down beside her as she noticed the state condition Eleven was in, wasn't good.

"She's barely breathing.." She muttered, glancing up at the boys with worry in her eyes.

"Let's go!" Lucas commanded quickly, and they had all started to move when they heard an old voice, causing their attention to switch.

"Leave her."

The four young kids looked up slowly to see a tall, white haired man, and he was directly staring at them, his eyes looked as if he was warning them.