CHAPTER NINE: THE GATE

River sat in the front, cramped up as she shared a seat with Lucas pushing him every now and then in discomfort as Max drove.

Finally, Steve had Woken up, looking to the kids in confusion. "Nancy?"

"Here, can you help me with this while I fix the box i put to reach?" Max muttered, speaking to River who nodded and leaned over, controlling the steering wheel causing Steve to look over and yell out.

"Whoa! What is she doing driving, she's not supposed to be driving!" Steve panicked, pointing to his sister, who glanced back and shook her head, quickly rolling her eyes.

"She's not. Max is," Dustin explained as River pulled away from the steering wheel. "And she's driven before."

"Yeah in a parking lot." Mike sassed, causing River to turn.

"Do you want to drive, then?" She retorted, in defense for Max as he groaned.

"I never said that!"

Max pressed onto the gas, and they were now going extremely fast, causing Steve to yell out as the kids spoke over him, attempting to calm him down.

"Stop the car. Slow down!"

"I told you he'd freak out!"

"Everybody shut up! I'm trying to Focus." Max screamed out, causing everyone to grow quiet for like a split second at the most.

"Oh, wait. That's Mount Sinai, make a left!" Lucas yelled.

"What?" Max questioned, glancing at Lucas who pointed frantically.

"Make a left!" He screamed once again,

They had made an abrupt turn, and they all screamed in fear before Max pulled to a stop, and everyone rushed out.

They all grabbed their supplies, putting on their goggles, and face masks, before throwing their backpacks on.

River and Mike walked side by side, both holding gasoline as they kneeled down by the car.

"Hello!?" Steve questioned as the kids passed him, ignoring him. "This ends now!" He yelled, causing Dustin to stop him as the rest walked down.

"Now. I know you promised Nancy, to keep us safe. So keep us safe."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

They all jumped down, and looked around in shock. "Holy shit." River and Steve chorused in unison.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way!" Mike yelled back as he lead the way.

"Pretty sure? Not certain?" River questioned through her mask, with her eyebrows furrowed as she stepped over the many vines.

"I'm 100 percent sure! Just follow me and you'll know." He yelled back, giving a shrug, before turning to walk forward again.

"Whoa, Whoa, I don't think so." Steve shook his head. "Any of you little shits die down here and i'm getting the blame, got it dipshits? From here on out, i'm leading the way." Steve yelled back.

"Come on let's go." He urged. "Come on! Hey, a little hustle!"

After a few minutes of walking around, and dealing with Dustins incident, they'd made it to where they planned to set on fire.

"Alright, Wheeler. I think we found your hub." Steve nodded, as River stepped beside him from behind, looking around.

"Let's drench it." Mike and River spoke in unison, glancing at each other.