CHAPTER ONE: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS

"WHERE IS IT?" The young girl had frantically looked around, before she had tripped over Mike's foot, and face planted, while all of the other boys ran around her, looking for the dice.

"Fifteen After." Karen said pointing to her watch as Mike groaned and ran upstairs to talk to her.

River had held her chin in pain, wincing as she checked for any blood before she fixed her hair quickly and looked around, hearing the exclaim of Will.

"Oh! I got it! Does a seven count?" He questioned, running up to her and Lucas, before they studied it and shrugged slowly.

"Well-" River had started, looking to Lucas, as he continued on for her.

"..Did Mike see it?" He asked, the two watching as Will shook his head in response, causing River to smile lightly.

Throwing her jacket on, she shrugged once again, her smile growing. "Then it doesn't count, right?"

Will only nodded slowly as he looked at River, and they all started to head upstairs one by one while Dustin bothered asking if anyone wanted pizza, though no one did.

All four headed toward the back door, before Dustin pushed past them, heading up to Nancy's room, the box of pizza being in one of his hands.

Mike had quickly opened the door for River, allowing her to walk out as she sent him a soft smile, in which he returned quickly.

Dustin came out, with his mouth full of pizza, along and an aggravated expression across his face, causing both River and Will to slightly laugh under their breath, because they knew exactly why.

"There's something wrong with your sister." Dustin said as Mike rolled his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He asked bluntly, turning to the boy.

"She's got a stick up her butt." He said as Lucas nodded in agreement, gripping his bike as he held it bedside him.

"Yeah, it's because she started dating that d-." Lucas stopped himself as the only girl turned slightly red, considering that was her older brother he was very much about to name drop. Steve.

"Well, that might be my cue to leave-." She joked with a small, and awkward smile across her face as Mike gave the boys a look, while he stood right beside her.

"Oh-" Lucas frowned, stepping forward but River cracked a smile and shook her head.

"It's cool, you can hate my brother. I don't really talk to him that much anyways." She spoke truthfully, lightening the mood as Lucas nodded.

"Anyways, my point is Nancy's turning into a real jerk." Dustin said as Mike sighed.

"She's always been a real jerk." Mike responded quickly, as he raised one eyebrow, giving Dustin a look.

The two started to Bicker, and it didn't stop until Lucas dragged Dustin to leave along with him, before they biked off.

"It was a 7," Will had truthfully spoke, as Mike glanced at him and River nudged him, shaking her head softly while Mike had furrowed his brows.

"Hmm?" He hummed in confusions as Will looked up at him.

"I rolled a seven..the demogorgon...it got me." He said, causing Mike furrowed his eyebrows.