16; The One With The Two Parts, Part I

It was a wintry February day in New York City, snowplows were clearing the streets and inside Central Perk, all four girls were paying court to Ross as he complained about his monkey

It was a wintry February day in New York City, snowplows were clearing the streets and inside Central Perk, all four girls were paying court to Ross as he complained about his monkey. Lisa was listening to him, but also had Phoebe's guitar in her arms, strumming some notes as quiet as she could.

"I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control," Ross stated. "But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, 'supposedly' by accident."

Rachel scratched the back of her neck. "No, yeah, I've done that."

"And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did, and peed all over the crossword."

The dark blonde blinked at him. "I've never done that."

Just then, Joey and Chandler had arrived and approached their friends on the main sofa of the coffee shop. Chandler took a seat beside his sister while Joey took a seat beside him. Everybody greeted them and Lisa put down Phoebe's guitar so as to give them more space to sit.

Joey leaned over towards Phoebe, who was on the floor. "Hey Pheebs, guess who we saw today."

Phoebe's eyes widened in excitement. "Ooh, ooh, fun! Okay...um, Liam Neeson."

"Nope."

"Morly Safer."

"Nope."

"The woman who cuts my hair!"

Monica stopped them, sighing. "Okay, look, this could be a really long game."

Chandler rose his brows, smiling. "Your sister Ursula."

Phoebe's face dropped, her mood going down like an avalanche sliding down snowy hills. "Oh, really."

Chandler nodded. "Yeah, yeah, she works over at that place, uh..."

Phoebe nodded, answering immediately, "Rift's. Yeah, I know."

Chandler looked confused, his one brow going up, as he looked at the blonde girl quizzically. "Oh, you do? Because she said you guys haven't talked in like years."

"Hm? Yeah," Phoebe paused. "So, um, is she fat?"

Joey let out a chuckle, a smirk forming on his face as he shook his head. "Not from where I was standin'."

Phoebe turned to Chandler. "Where were you standing?"

Lisa rose a brow, patting the girl's shoulder. "Um, Pheebs, so, you guys just don't get along?"

Phoebe shrugged. "It's mostly just dumb sister stuff, you know, I mean, like, everyone always thought of her as the pretty one, you know...oh, oh, she was the first one to start walking, even though I did it later that same day. But, to my parents, by then it was like 'yeah, right, well what else is new?'"

Lisa gave the girl a hug from behind, resting her chin on the blonde's head with a frown on her face. No child ever deserved to be treated different than their siblings, no child ever even deserved to be differentiated from others. "That's all right, Pheebs," Lisa told her, pulling away but she still kept her arms around her shoulders, both of them looking at each other. "The good thing is...you still walked! Who cares what your parents thought?"