Chapter Thirty five.

Start from the beginning

************************************

Anxious.

Was really the right decision to run away? Papa would be devastated and mad. Why was I doing it then? This was absolutely Stockholm syndrome. This guy was dangerous for me, right?

My face was etched in confusion as I stared at the mirror I stopped to look into before I left. There was a small bundle of tied-up sheets and my hair, brown hair was tied up in a knot on top of my head. I had on little diamond earrings and a small silver locket around my neck. My red suede dress with white ruffles was too low cut for my comfort, but it wasn't all too tempting as my chest was nothing impressive. And though my clothes hung on my every curve, I was skinny and gangly. I suspected under the long skirts I had long legs. My face was makeup free and defined. I had high cheekbones and a jawline. My lips were full and pouty and my eyes were dull brown. I sighed and shook my head. Not again!

"Siricila" a voice called out and my heart skipped a beat. Screaming out of surprise, I turned to look at who it was. There in front of me was an absolutely breathtaking Malik. His dark hair was long and sticking to his skin. His white shirt missing much too many buttons tucked into black breeches. With black riding boots rising up all the way to his knees. "Siricila, I understand I am just too attractive, but you were meant to have met me in your father's stable." He grinned. "Not having second thoughts now, are you? My dear maiden."

I stared at him for a while, thinking of what to say, when suddenly I was shoved to the back of my mind and I felt like a consciousness, not a person. Was this Siricila?

My eyebrows went up as my lip tilted into a lopsided grin. I scoffed. "Why should I come with you? It does not seem right, in fact, tis not! How shall run away from my dear papa? Not only is that disgraceful to my family, but what are the ladies of the court going to say about me?"

Okay, 'tis'? What timeline is this?

I looked into his eyes. It held a spark of amusement, and his smile didn't help at all. "How can you find this in the slightest, amusing?" I bit my lip, rubbing my temple.

"So shall I go, then?" He said, making a move to jump off the windowsill he was sitting on.

"How can you even do that?" I gasped. "You've made me a monster, and I cannot stay far away from you. Not to mention I am no longer virtuous, hence I will not be accepted by the court anymore. Here you are making jokes!"

Ugh, she sounded prissy and demanding.

He chuckled, literally. My insides already burning with fury, with balled fists and long strides, I came to stand before him, angry and looking for revenge. My palms balled fistfuls of his shirt on either side, and I held him close to my face, fuming. The worst mistake ever.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, slamming me against his rock-hard abs. Staring into his eyes, my fury dissipated, just like my dilemma and doubt. I was running away with this man.

His other hand grabbed my chin and tilted my face upwards as he met my lips, enclosing them in his. Not too long after both, Siricila and I were engulfed in a passionately warm kiss that was heating up faster than expected. Unlike the last time in Mila's body, Siricila's consciousness was very much present. But she didn't notice, and it didn't surprise me. Seeing as she was a newly turned werewolf, it was plausible she thought it was her wolf acting awkward. And something about her wolf felt so familiar, but before I could ponder forward, I was distracted but my skirt riding up my thighs. And the feel of my corset being undone. My, was he skilled, I couldn't even take it off on my own and here he was excelling with only one hand and in the middle of the kiss. It felt too real. Everything Siricila felt I did, it was like something mushed together our consciousness, and sometimes it was hard to separate my emotions from hers, maybe because at the moment, the body we were both residing in didn't belong to me.

Then suddenly again, I felt it. Guilty, dirty the kind of way you feel watching something bad. You know it's wrong, but here you are doing it. Pushing away, I sought distance, trying to steady my breathing, and bit my swollen lips. I can't have another panic attack.

Malik growled as he reached for me again. I resisted his hold again. I could see the displeasure and suspicion in his eyes. But before we had the pleasure of discussing it, yelling, followed by a loud series of banging, attacked my doors.

"Siricila! Open this door at once! You are under arrest and will be taken to the catholic church for investigation. By the order of the King Thrufit and the Priest."

What????

My eyes widened in alarm as I looked at Malik. "Why are they here?" He demanded curtly.

"I don't know," I responded, panicking slightly. Absolutely honest.

"Did you tell anyone what you are? I told you to keep your mouth shut."

"I promise I didn't tell anyone. I have no idea how they have found out."

"Siricila!"

Papa? Wait, how do I know that voice belongs to my... ah Siricila's thoughts?

"Come out at once! The church can help you. Come out now!" my father ordered from the other side of the door.

"You didn't tell anyone?" Malik growled.

I gulped. I knew it was risky telling papa, but he was my only family and sue me for wanting both my father and mate. But this was too much. How could he do this? If I go to the church, they'll definitely kill me. The war between the Lycan and humans is generations long. They'll feed me wolfsbane and cut me with silver. With a broken heart, I turned to Malik, who was at the edge of losing his control, judging by his bright blue eyes.

I grabbed the bundle of clothes I had been fiddling with and walked over to him. "Let's just go," I whispered.

He grabbed my arm and helped me as we jumped out of the window. Immediately we broke into a sprint as soon as we touched the ground. Tearing our way through a mass of people, I took over and pushed myself faster, urging my body to move faster. But the soldiers were gaining on us and it was not going to be good. They shot arrows at us and it would be a matter of time before one hit us.

People had already fled the street, the alarm warning them who and what the soldiers were chasing. We shoved everything behind our path to slow down the soldiers, turning and winding. It shook me how well Malik knew the city. Before long, we were slowing down. We finally lost them. As we came to a halt around the walls waiting close to the gates for a chance to make a beeline out of the town.

We stayed by the side of the building, panting hard.

"I'm proud of you, Siri. You kept up well." Malik took my face in his, staring deeply into my eyes.

I wondered if he could see me. If he could see Iris. It was hard to separate myself from this amount of emotion. It was hard to remind myself that it wasn't directed at me. As I blinked, a stray tear rolled down the side of my face and Malik smiled at me wiping it with his thumb.

"You were brave, my love." He leaned in to kiss me, but before he could capture my lips, I shoved him away.

"I-I can't do this" I moved backward, creating distance.

"Why? What's wrong Siri, do you feel sick?"

"I-I can't do this," I repeated as I hyperventilated, the air became heavy to sniff in. Clutching my chest, I fell to my knees trying to calm down, but it wasn't working. I could barely feel or hear Malik around me. My sole purpose at the moment was leaving here and getting back into my skin. With that thought, I shut my eyes and everything went blank.