CHAPTER FOUR: THE BODY

"River. River! Do you copy?" Mikes voice was heard as River abruptly opening her eyes with a groan. She grabbed her walkie talkie and sighed, "What?"

"I need you guys to come over. El can contact will." He ordered, as River glanced around and stood up from her bed.

"Disregard the fight, and please just come ov-" River had set her walkie talkie down before he could finish. yet of course she started to get ready.

She ran downstairs after getting ready, her backpack in her hands as Steve glanced up, from eating his cereal.

"Hey." He muttered, with his mouth full as River waved, rushing to the pantry to grab a cookie.

"Are you feeling better?" Steve still spoke with his mouth full, awkwardly, as River turned and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, thanks. You have some-" She gestured to his mouth with an awkward glance, where he had crumbs all around, making him groan and wipe it quickly with his sleeve.

"Yeah whatever, get out of here." He muttered, brushing it off with a small thanks after, and River nodded, leaving with a small sigh.

There was hope, at least. But if it was false again, she wouldn't know how to react.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Once River made it to the Wheeler residence, she found herself listening to the walkie talkie that El was apparently controlling along with the others. They listened to the whimpers that they heard, and River grew even more hopeful once she heard these.

"We keep losing signal, but you heard it right?" Mike asked, frantically glancing around at the friends that sat by him.

"Yeah, I heard a baby." Lucas shook his head in denial, as River shrugged.

"No, that sounds like Will to me." She argued, causing Lucas to sigh.

"That was Will, Lucas you don't understand. He spoke words last night! He was singing that Weird song he likes. Even El heard him." Mike explained, pointing towards El who was staring at them, and River nodded, knowing of the song.

"Yeah, that song Jonathan showed him. It's not weird." She quickly argued causing Mike to sigh and shrug before moving on.

"Okay, yeah. But El and I heard him, I assure you." Mike added, as he looked at River who was giving him her undivided attention, she believed him of course.

"Oh well if the weirdo heard him, then I guess-" Lucas said sarcastically, before Dustin spoke up, over him.

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" He asked, before glancing at the walkie talkie various times, while Mike gave a shrug.

"I don't think it's about that. I think..somehow she's channelling him." Mike explained, as Dustin nodded slowly.

"Like-Like Professor X." Dustin pointed at Mike who only smiled with a nod in return.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas asked, looking towards Lucas before River spoke up, nodding.

"It's believable, if she can do shit with her mind what makes you think she can't channel him." She said with a shrug, looking at Lucas who sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, and remember when Will Broke his finger. He kinda sounded like that." Dustin questioned.

"Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Wills Body out of the Water..He's dead!" Lucas yelled out, shaking his head in disbelief.