The Begining of a Russian Western

By the time Ivan had got his horse and was 'russian' after america, he had lost wind of him. He had followed, what he guessed was, americas trail towards the setting sun. At about dark, he started a fire in between some hills and trees by a stream, as to not draw attention. The last thing he needed was any thieves. It was not as if he could not defend his own, but he would rather not.

The fire cracked and Ivan put a hare on the spoke over the fire, a rifle over his lap. If there was one thing he had learned in his years was that the smell of roasted rabit drawed wolves. He remembered being lost from sestra and having to take care of himself. He was roasting rabbit to, when he spotted hungry eyes in the distance. As a child, he was frightened and ran until he ran into sestra.

Not willing to continue to reminisce about forgotten childhood trauma, he focused on the horse munching on the prarie grass, and noticed a mark on the horse, RCMP.

That was a strange brand, all the ones he had yet to encounter in americas land were usually some kind of symbol. Of course he knew there was someone above america but he couldn't put a face to the concept, perhaps it had something to do with that?

He was enjoying the cool night air, the day had cooked him. It was nothing like the cool summer's of his home. The sun baked the land and bounced off creating waves of heat. He wished to return to home but he needed to sell Alaska.

Ivan layed down staring at nothing with such contempt. He closed his eyes with one final thought of the day:

'Your toast like your land when I find you..'
____________________________________

He woke to the sound of a weapon being cocked. He jumped up suddenly, eyes still blurry. He reached for his pipe but it was kicked out of his reach. He was at the mercy of whomever it was, he raised to see a young dark brown hair, and brown eyed man.

"I am guessing tu no sabes español, no? " the man spoke with a certain knowing in his voice that Russia did not like.

Of course, Russia did not know much Spanish as he had not had the 'joy's of meeting Spain much.

"No you are right, I do not know but.." russia took the lapse in the mans attention to swing his feet around knock the stranger off balance. The man let the gun fly out of his hand where it hit a tree and fires. Russia and the stranger both hit the dirt. The bullet lodged itself between the two cowering men.

Russia peaked out to see the man on his back laughing like there was no tomorrow.

Russia frowned and grouched, "what is so amusing? You will tell da? Why you decided to wake me up so, da?"

The man sobered up, but not by much and gave a eerie similar version of spains smirk, "You haven't changed a bit since I saw you as a colony."

Russia froze as a distant and hazy memory of a young boy that looked like the man, clinging to spains hand at a ball once where spain was parading around his new territory and wealth in the others nations faces. If this was the case then this would be one of spains colonies.

The stranger growing bored of Russias silence, jumped around his camp turning over pots, and digging through satchels and bags. He stopped his rummaging when he saw the brand on the horse.

He turned to russia with a quisitive look, "Hey amigo, where did you get this horse?"

Russia, still not woke up, set to stoking the ashy remains of his fire, responded, "I got it a couple of towns back, da?" This man was just as annoying as america sometimes.

The man came to sit on a rock on the other side of the fire, " tu know that's Canada's brand right?"

Russia shook his head no and went to fill his pot with water by the stream.

The man went on in a lazy way, "tu know amigo, that I met Canada a couple weeks ago, and he said al stole his horse, right?"

Russia ignored him in favor of splashing water on his face, this heat was going to kill him.

The stranger moved over closer to Russia, "That's canadas brand on that caballo, si."

Russia stopped and turned to the man, "Which one of Spains are you?"

The man got red faced and one could see the steam coming out of the mans ears and he started yelling in spanish, "I am not or ever was spains nor anyothers. I AM MEXICO!!!"

Russia looked at the man as if he was crazy, all he wanted to know was who he was. He turned his back to the man.

The now named Mexico, pushed Russia into the water and stomped to his horse and rode away swearing at Spain, America, France and everyone he could think of.

Before he rode off, he yelled at Russia, "I AM MEXICO, DON'T FORGET IT! ERES UNA CABRÓN Y ALFRED ESTÁ SUR! he rode off in a fury if dust.

Russia was not expert in the spanish language but he heard 'alfred', this Mexico would know where he is. He jumped up and ran after the man in a futile attempt to stop him.

He returned to the fire adding sticks and dead grass, soon the pot was boiling. He saddled up and rode along river as al would probably follow the stream as it provided water and navigation westward.

He began to get tired and let his mind drift to the events of earlier.

"That man was weird.......Then again most colonies I have met seem a bit...off. ...America was a little off....mabey a bit more than a little...he did steal his brothers horse....didn't that Mexico guy say this horse has canada's brand....wait a minuet...didn't the liveryman say this horse was left at the stable...and america was in that town and stable....who did the liveryman say left the horse?....oh well thats......."

American was that debil Sam...

"AMERIKA YOU #%$$%$ #^#%#&#^#"

Russia turned his horse around and rode as fast as he could back to that town. He was glad he had excellent horseman in his past.

"Dermo"