Chapter 12 - Live and Breathe

I've been a heartless chicken for the whole day. That's because I am about to have my first public performance in a place that I've never been to before. I'm still packing my luggage for the trip. And in my mind, I'm meditating the workflow. I should probably launch the stage with a superhero landing. And after that ask the audiences how's the day going and blah blah blah.

My dad surely notices my abnormal behaviour. He's a big tough guy. But it comforted me to feel his arms around. I feel like a panda now, everyone just wanted so hard to hug me for an eternity. By the way, he is the only one who would come with me to Orlando. Since the others are busy with Billie's tour planning.

"Are you ready?" Patrick, which is my dad. Asks me when he saw I close my suitcase.

"I'm more than ready. Woo. Calm down, Ilene. You are not even at the airport yet." Gosh, I can't stop my shaky hands.

"Honey, it's okay. I'm here. Shh. Say no more things." He is proficiency in calming people down. I wonder how many people needed his encouragement before.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm apparently too nervous. Maybe I'd go drink some smoothie and get chill." Smoothie is my spiritual food. I want it now.

"You will get your smoothie when we reached the airport. Now, let's move on and get going." He checked the item list to see if he missed any necessaries. He grabs his key and turns on the engine.

I rush in the shotgun like a wrecking ball. Five minutes in and I'm crazy again.

I pinned my hope for a better singer reputation. I was still dazed after I buckled my seatbelt. But then I realized I am going to fly in the air. I look at the windows beside me, clouds are passing through some faint shades. All I could do was to fantasize some popcorns and unicorns flying around.

It was a five hours flight. My butt hurts when I left the airport. Orlando is a small city indeed. We will be staying here for 3 days. The event lasts for 2 days long. The time is tight. I better get going so we won't be late for the hotel.

I sent some messages with Billie, tried to annoy her, and see if LA is collapsing or not

I sent some messages with Billie, tried to annoy her, and see if LA is collapsing or not. Since technically, that city doesn't even have a proper water supply. She told me her album will be out in a short period. And we will become rich. She will be the one who pays us the salary by then. No-shit girl. There's no way you just become the ordinary person that goes viral in a day. With that stupid thought in my mind. I have a nice dream all night.

I woke up at six. I wanted to crawl back in bed for a second. But I just couldn't fall asleep at all. After laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling for an hour, I designed to clean myself up. I checked the EDC time-slot. It's about rehearsal time. All the performers including DJs can get prepared backstage or reassured the stage set-up. It's a good time to study the site now.

After a half-hour drive. I and my dad arrived at the tinker field which is outside Camping World Stadium. Although the time is still early in the morning. Some guests started to gather around and wait for the beginning of the carnival. Banners were flying on the soft dirt ground. Many tents were already set, and some crowds are having fun with each other. I speed up and walked to the backstage.