Chapter 2 - Seismic Shift

"Yooooo, Ilene! Come check this out." Billie shout out. "This is dope afffff."

"What is sooo important that you need to yell out so loud GIRL?" Reply with irony.

She shows me her screen and stops scrolling at a number.

"Three thousand and five hundred and sixty-four." I read as I see that.

"What does that mean?" I mumble while putting some bread in my mouth.

"Stop eating you little foodie. Don't you see how many people listened to our song?" She takes away my fork and yells in a high pitch.

"Holy moly, what? Do you know a thousand people?" I am so shocked; I don't expect the song would blow up in such a short time. That is crazy. I knew Billie and Finneas are going to get recognized. I love them and I feel so proud of them.

"I don't know a thousand people Ilene. But I know we are famous now ha-ha!!!" Billie sounds so hyped as if she has already got the Grammys and living in a mansion.

"We should form a team and become the most famous singer ever. " Billie says with confidence.

"Nah, you'll be good alone. I sounded mediocre." As I don't think my voice is good in any sense.

"No way, you are completely wrong. Your voice's incredible and charming. Don't look down to yourself." She responds while hugging me.

"Anyways, what do you think about our team?" She whispers at my ear.

"We can hire Finneas as our guitarist when we are rich. " I say without a doubt.

"No shit. And Avril Lavigne would be one of our members too." Billie replies to my fantasy.

What a long day after all things happened. I lay on my bed and started thinking to myself. What if I can produce some music and get rich too. Can I get recognized as Billie and Finneas did? I am not jealous, just a motivation I have never had before. I want to share my music to the world. I want to release my emotion through the beats. But I know that if people know my name, I would always be "Billie's sister". I love Billie for sure, but I don't want people to stereotype and compare our music. I don't want to encumber my lovey siblings. What can I do?

I need to take a walk on the street just to stop me from wondering who I am. The bright moon was hanging up high. Shadowing my thoughts of being a singer. The dazzling billboards on the street are just so distracting. Until I see a billboard that was advertising the video game for "Batman: Arkham Knight". Suddenly, I have a crazy thought. I immediately think of Sia. A singer who never show her real face to the public. It's for the best to my privacy and our family.

The iconic image for Sia is her hair. They are long enough to reach her chin. Thus, only her lips exposed to the public. What should I choose to cover my face? As I was thinking. Some dude drive with a motorcycle splashed a pool of dirty water on me.

"What the hell???!!" As I yell at the back of the biker.

The biker replies with his middle finger and drives along.

"Oh, come on!" Now I must back home.

I was just thinking it is a nice day and that god damn bozo just ruined my day. Hope he drives safe forever. As I was wondering to myself at the shower. I tried to memorize the look of his face. But all I saw was his helmet. The lens reflected all the lights and block the sight from the others.

Wait.

I have an idea. What about a helmet lens to cover my face? Its sounds cool and viable. (Look at the cover picture)

"Hey, sweetie!" I hear my mum's call.

"What up?" I say.

"Where did you just go?" She asks me with head aslant.

"Don't worry mum. I just went for a walk in the hood." I tell her honestly.

"OK then. Just to let you know, someone just came to us and said they want Billie in their company." She then said.

"Wait, ho-how were they already here?" I didn't expect people love Billie so bad.

"Well, you guys made some good songs, and everyone has to hear that. " Maggie replies.

"I better go check on Billie. "

I say as I am going to my room since we have only 2 room in our house. I have to share a room with Billie. Finneas has his own room. And our parents just sleep in the living room all the time.

I opened the door and saw Billie laying on the bed.

"Yo yo, Ilene." She greeted as she saw me coming.

"Hey, Billie. I heard that some record label found you already?" I murmur to her. Tried not to wake up anyone.

"Yeah. Right. I told you we are going to be faaaamous." Billie says with her funny lama face.

"Do you really think that I can sing too?" I question unconfidently.

"Yes, Ilene. You can definitely sing. Your voices are beautiful. Your skills are perfect. Your face is pretty. Although we look alike. But you can definitely sing, my girl." Billie gives me a firm answer while turning her face to me.

"Thank you, Billie." Her touching faith melts my heart. I love you, Billie. I truly do. I hug her with my appreciation.

"I was actually wondering if I can make my own song. I would love to have you on my back." I then ask.

"Sure do. I can help."

"I Love u 3000, Billie."I kiss her on her cheek.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: When I read a Chinese book. There will always be a small section located at the end of the chapter. And the section would be sometimes about some little imagining scenes. E.g. Billie Eilish notices she is a character in this book and react to the reader etc. So, I wonder if anyone in Wattpad would enjoy these or not? Should I do that at the end of the chapter?