Chapter 7 - Article Seven

A/N: I have struggled to write this chapter. There are so many things I have to look up online. I hope I didn't make many mistakes and all my content make sense. Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard the doorbell rings. I peeked at the peep-hole on the door. There were two smart causal dressed people out there. One woman and one man. The man was in a deep blue shirt and his sleeves were rolled up. The woman was wearing a leather jacket along with a pair of monotonous pants. I didn't recognize them. So, I ran out for Billie to see if she knows them.

"Hey! Billie, do you know these people?" I whisper silently. I don't want the people to know I saw them already. That would be impolite.

"Never in my life saw them before." She replies with nearly the same voice level.

"Should we open the door? I mean mum, dad and Finneas are not here now. Is that ok?" I'm just a coward person. I'll just sit here dithering over my decision if no one else's around.

"They seem like some nice people. And they are holding some documents. Maybe it's something important. I'll go open the door." She rushes to the door and then opens it.

"Nice to meet you here. My name is Andrew Sanders." The man greets with a spontaneous grin on his face.

"And I'm Kristina Savage. We're here for Ms Eilish. Is she home now?" She seems like the leader of her team. And they are looking for me.

"Which Eilish are you looking for?" Billie asks.

"Ilene Eilish. The creator of 'Faded'." They answer.

"May I ask you why you are looking for her?" Billie asks the question which is exactly what I'm thinking right now.

"We're the representatives from Astralwerks Records which is a record label under Capitol Music Group. We found the music made by Ms Eilish and want to discuss more on it with her." Kristina explains herself with a soft tone. And now we know what they're searching for.

"But we don't have any adults at home. I'm afraid we cannot discuss them this time." Billie replies gently.

"Wow hey, honey, who are these people standing in front of our door?" Speak of the devil, here comes my mother.

"Hey mum, these are the people from a record label who are interested with Ilene's music." She shrugs and sounds like not a big deal.

"Well, why don't you guys come in and have a seat." My mum invites both Kristina and Andrew in our house with a pleasing smile.

After we settled down with a cup of coffee in our hand. Well, I only got my orange juice since I don't drink coffee. They cut to the chase and asked me if I'm interested in being a singer.

"Do you know the value behind your music? Your songs are creating records. The stats were skyrocketed. Do you know how many people listened to 'Faded'?" Andrew states the question with excitement. I can feel his passion for his job. I wish I can be that passionate at my career.

"There are more than a hundred thousand people have heard your song since it launched. It's unimaginable how an unforeseen singer got such a great response on their first appearance!" He then exclaims in delight. And he says that standing up from the sofa.

"Thank you. I don't know I'm this popular now. Wow, 100000 is a massive number I never expected in my life." That's true. I thought that a thousand people is a lot. Well, I think diamond cuts diamonds, right?