Chapter 23 - Success?

Começar do início

"Haha, well what you did earlier was definitely worth noting." He answers making me think I might be redeemable. 

I just smile in return, not wanting to say thank you for the fifth time in the space of a couple of minutes. 

"Is she your friend then or?" Jihun directs the question to BTS.

"Not really." They all say, looking at each other for support. 

"Oh ok...well I'll see you guys later! And it was nice meeting you Y/n." He smiles before walking off to other guests, probably sensing the tension. 

Considering this mission a success and not wanting to endure the stench of sweat, alcohol and college students any longer I depart.

I try to come up with something casual to say to BTS to exit but that's difficult because I don't know if they will get angry or just stay silent.

"Okkk, well...I'm gonna go now so..." I debate in my head what to say 'see you later'? but that makes it sound like we're friends, 'see you around?' That also is too welcoming, "bye." I finish before running out of their faster than I think I've ever ran before.

[...]

I'm finally back at Jimin's and my first college party has made me quite tired so I get ready for bed and wait for Jimin to get back, too scared to sleep on my own. 

After another 30 mins - 1 hour, I hear the front door open so I know Jimin's back. After a couple of minutes he knocks on my door and I hum letting him know he can enter. 

He comes in ready for bed, his messy hair making him look adorable. 

"Hey." I greet.

"Hey." He says, his voice slightly husky and raw.

"How do you think it went today?" I inquire, anxious about the boys' reactions.

"I guess we will find out tomorrow," He informs me with a smirk, "But from what I can gather, today went better than I expected. And well done on the dance." He chuckles.

I mimic the action, "Thanks, it was so scary though." 

"But you did well." He reassures me, "Until the part where you spoke to us and Jihun later." 

I can laugh about it now it's over but at the time I was in full on panic mode, "I know, that was kind of a disaster. Do you think that ruined it all?" 

"No, I don't think so. It was a small slip up after a big step in the right direction." He says, "Did you enjoy it?" 

"It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I wouldn't go again. At least not unless I had a friend going." I cautiously say. 

I want to think of Jimin as a friend, but I don't want to presume things, at the same time, I don't want him to think I'm pushing him away or not accepting him as a friend.

He doesn't seem phased as he answers, "Fair enough." 

We talk for a bit longer about the funny moments and we both died of laughter when we mentioned the girl in the blue top during truth or dare. 

At around 3:01 am we both drift off to sleep, hand in hand.

[...]

After waking up at about half 5am due to the nightmare, we both decided to stay awake as we only had 30 minutes before the alarm was going to go off.

Jimin left earlier than me today and not long after I trudge to school, still not fully recovered from last night's events. 

I enter the college gates and halt as my eyes meet BTS'. They stare at me blankly and I copy the gesture, hoping to appear confident. None of them say anything and after a few seconds they continue on their way, not saying anything to me.