Chapter 4: Keep Holding On

Morty was heading to his first period class. So, trying to get through it, he dug through his bag to look for the liquid motivation he craved ever so.
That had been up until the boy realized that he'd drank all of the liquor in the flask. With a deep sigh, he trudged himself along anyway. After he'd arrived to class, he sat down with only one thought in his brain in that second. 'Well, I'm certainly fucked for the day.' The thought bitterly.

Morty was antsy in his seat. He zoned out; once again lost in his thoughts about the night prior. He started turning red just ever so slightly after reminding himself of his breakdown.
Abruptly, he had snapped out of his trance due to a tingle, followed by a feeling of moisture covering his arm. 'My cut!'
Morty was trying to act normal, but he couldn't help his panicking. Especially because of the discolouration in his navy blue hoodie.
Morty put his other hand up while stumbling out an excuse from his homeroom.  "I-I need to- I need to go to the bathroom!" Like that, the boy had been out of there faster than he'd ever known himself to be able to run.

The brunet stormed into the bathroom, not exactly wanting to be in there, but had to be as he had begun checking underneath the stalls.
Once it had been confirmed that he was in fact alone, he pulled up his then discoloured sleeve. The bandage partly fell off due to the blood soaking through to an unbearable degree for the covering. 'How did this happen?!' Morty thought worriedly.
The adolescent then opened one of the stalls and yanked off a wad of toilet paper, dabbing it on the gushing arm. The feeling in his arm was fleeing and the boy was nervous. He didn't want to be helped, howbeit, he knew that if he bled out at school by accident, he would have been 'making a scene'. The male cared about his family's values, image being one of them, and he knew that his family hadn't deserved that.

The blood wasn't stopping even whilst he'd still continued applying pressure and dabbing the wound with the toilet paper. Naturally, the brown eyed teen found himself being halted by the intruding sounds from just down the hall.
Morty was surprised he could hear that far, and then grew scared when he heard the familiar sounds of the portal gun. 'Fuck! I need to throw this out, pull my sleeve down!- but the discolouration in my hoodie had become an obvious blood colour by the time I could tend to its aid!' His head scrambled as the kid tried to navigate the troubling waters at hand.
'Is this it?' The boy thought. 'Is this how my life of being slightly better than it would be if my family found out, ends?' The thought proceeded.
'Rick will make fun of me so much for this.' The boy could already hear the jokes, until his thoughts were interrupted by reality once again.

In a hurry, the kid threw out the wad of bloody toilet paper and yanked his sleeve back down. Remembering the juice he had at the bottom of his bag from a while ago, as gross as it was, he decided that it would suffice.
In a mega rush, Morty dug for the old juice, opened it, and began pouring the pink drink all over his arms sleeve. Morty quickly put the empty juice bottle back in his bag while an old man entered.

"Morty? There you are! What the hell? I've been looking everywhere for your dumbass!"  Rick shouted at the teen. Morty surprisingly didn't want to go on an adventure that day. He had not been motivated enough to do so. Hence the adolescent boy hissing out a response.  "Just- go away Rick! I-I-I don't want to go on another stupid adventure today! I'm sorry I sent you on a scavenger hunt looking for me! But I am not going with you today!"  'What the fuck is this kids problem lately?!' The old man thought angrily. 
"Morty, what the fuck has been your problem lately?!"  Rick yelled.  "I-I-I-I've just been tired, Rick! I swear that's all."  The boy called back. 
"No, I'm not just talking about the past week! I'm talking about these past few months! You have been different! And it's becoming like a giant thorn right up my ass! I need you levelled! And that can't happen when you're constantly looking guilty every time I fucking see you!"  Rick finally got off his chest.