"not many asian sex symbols, roma, mike." tina retorts. "i'm just trying to be in fashion and mirror what i see in the magazines." she adds.

"my dancing kind of bothers me. uh, it almost killed rachel, but i like the way i look." finn speaks up.

"oh, please. you have weird, puffy pyramid nipples." santana says, "they look like they're filled with custard, or you could dust them with powdered sugar and they could pass for some sort of dessert."

"look, maybe rachel's fine with having an enormous beak. maybe she needs it to crack hard seeds. all i'm saying is that if you look in the mirror and you don't like what you see, you should change it." santana finishes.

"i agree, hell i've done it." romana adds earning a few looks.

"what have you had done?" quinn asks.

"i got my ears pinned back, and my teeth done." she says with a shrug, mike just wrapped his arm around her knowing why she had them done.

"whoa, guys." mr. schuester says but after sending a disapproving look towards roma. "i'm really shocked at what i'm hearing here. it goes against everything the glee club stands for." he continues.

"well what we stand for is unrealistic." romana continues. "we're teenagers, it's not fair for you to preach 'loving yourself' when half of the time we hate ourselves." romana crosses her arms leaning against mike.

"i'm telling you, the thing you would most like to change about yourself is the most interesting part of you." he continues as mike continues to hold romana.

"well, maybe, but at this school, the thing that makes you different is the thing people use to crush your spirit." mercedes says.

꧁ꕥ꧂

"... um, why is ms. pillsbury here?" finn questions as they sat in class.

"she's helping us out with this week's assignment." mr. schuester explains. "now, this is the only club at school that is represented by just about every race, religion, sexual orientation and clique, but many of you are still having a hard time with acceptance." he explains.

"that's crazy, mr. schue. we love each other." mercedes explains.

"no, i won't deny that you accept each other, but you don't accept yourselves." he continues. "this week's assignment has two parts. i want all of you to sing songs about accepting yourself for who you are-- the best and the worst parts." he explains

"what's the second part?" rachel asks. "well, we're going to do a group number by the queen of self-love-- gaga." he announces as the girls all cheer. "we're going to perform her anthem to acceptance-- "born this way." he continues as the class erupts into more cheers.

"wait, wait, i still don't know why ms. pillsbury is here." finn speaks up again.

"i'm here to help you with your costumes for the big number. each of you will be issued a beautifully fitted white t-shirt." she begins.

"we will then use this letter press... to write a word or a phrase that best describes the thing about you that you're the most ashamed of or you'd like to change but you can't because you were born that way, which is super terrific." ms. pillsbury explains excitedly.