30. The final goodbye... (for now)

Lucy PoV

once we got to the flat I ran into our room and got my suitcase from the wardrobe and started pulling the stuff I needed from the shelves.

''lets just talk Lucy'' he tells me

''you cant force me to stay''

''you are right, but you won't really leave, we both know that we have something. and we always come back to each other'' he tells me and I stop to stare at him before I started talking again

''I can't believe this. How was I so stupid to trust you again and again?'' I screamed and started throwing things at Harry

''its all my fault,  I am the stupid one''

''yeah maybe you are stupid because you cant go longer than 5 minutes without a strangers tongue in your mouth''

''that's not true''

''isn't it? And I am so angry with myself that I trusted you again after everything you have dragged me through the past three years. This is it and I cant do this anymore'' I screamed at the top of my lungs with anger as we both stood there

''no we can get through this, we always have and we always will''

''no, we got through it all that because I kept going with a turned eye to everything you have done but I can't do it anymore. This is it for us Harry''

''no, what about everything we wanted. The promise rings, our future''

''part of the promise ring is to promise ourselves to each other, not whoever you can find in a club. And 'our future' went down a drain a long time ago. Imagine if we were married or ever did have children then you would still be cheating but I would just have to keep going. This has to stop now before we get any further''

''I can change. We can change''

''you are right, I can. And I am, I am leaving and you cant stop me'' I tell him as I throw some more of my stuff in a bag

''just stay'' he pleads as I wheel my case to the door and he follows

''no harry. This is it. And you can have this back'' I tell him and I take my ring off and place it in his hand with my key. I hold his hands in mine for a second before lightly kissing his lips and lingering a little bit before walking away, he kisses back and i felt that same spark from the first time we kissed in the bar. and outside my flat, and everyone after that. I don't want to go. but i know i have to.

After I close the door I stand still for a minute and couldn't move, then Freezy came out of the lift and noticed me.

''hey, Lucy. how are you?''

''not great''

''you forget your key?'' he asks and then looks confused when he sees my case

''no, quite the opposite actually''

''where are you off to?''

''I have no idea. But its for good''

''why? what happened?''

''I don't want to talk about it, I am sure he will. but thanks for everything Cal, you were a great friend and I really appreciate you'' I reached up and kissed his cheek as we hugged. i pulled away without saying anything and I then walked into the lift. i painfully pushed the button for the ground floor and watched the door slide shut for the very last time. 

and i walked out of the building, for good. 

my heart was painfully broken in two pieces.

Narrator PoV

and then, Lucy was gone. Harry was hurt and they both had a strong urge of anger. She had walked away with hurt and sadness. both Lucy and Harry did eventually make piece with the fact that they were now apart. 

and for them, they both thought that it was the very end of the road, forever. 

but as we all know, this was really just the beginning of their story...