Year 6: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Someone's been off in space."

"I've had a lot on my plate."

Harry sighed softly. "I heard about what happened between you and Cedric. How you holding up?"

Anna bit her lip as she avoided his gaze. "Not well."

His smile slowly returned. There's something waiting for you downstairs that might make you feel a bit better."

"What?" Anna frowned in confusion before walking downstairs.

"SUPRISE!!!" Anna screamed, nearly dying of a heart attack as a bunch of people jumped out of their hiding spots. The Weasleys were there, as was Tonks, Hermione, Sirius, Remus and...Cedric. Anna and Cedric stared at each other for a long moment before Tonks nudged Cedric forward. Anna bit her lip as she looked at him.

"I'm sorry." He murmured, and Anna took his hand. "So am I." 

Cedric brushed his lips against hers, and Anna wrapped her arms around his neck. Cedric placed his hands on her back, pulling her in closer as the kiss deepened.

"PDA!" Sirius shouted. "Save that for the bedroom kiddos!"

Anna laughed as she and Cedric pulled apart, and Cedric smirked at her. "That's an idea." He said, only half teasing. "Give you your 'birthday present'."

Anna blushed darkly, and she hid her face in Cedric's chest. Cedric laughed lightly as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Come on love, let's go and open your presents."

Molly sat next to Anna on the couch, probably to keep her and Cedric from sharing any more displays of affection. Before they could open presents, however, Molly asked her how she was dealing with everything.

"I-I'm alright I guess." Anna said with a sigh. "I suppose that the hardest part of all this is that I might not be able to go back to school."

"Oh, I understand dear."

But Molly didn't understand, not really. She didn't know what it was like to have everyone hate her, to think that she was something that she wasn't. Anna wasn't a traitor or a murderer. Yes, she had killed someone, but Anna hadn't been in her right mind. Not that it was any excuse. Even if she had been mind wiped, she still should have realized that what she had been doing was wrong. Tonks placed a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you open your presents now?" She suggested before sending a look Molly's way that said 'This is supposed to be a happy day, don't be ruining it with talk like that'. Tonks then handed Anna a small gift bag. "Happy birthday Annie." Inside of the bag was a Muggle book, The Maze Runner, along with a pack of playing cards that shuffled and dealt themselves. Remus and Sirius had gotten her a new collar for Cody, his old one was starting to get kind of frayed. Harry gave her a Weird Sisters shirt, Fred and George gave her a bunch of things from their shop, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had given her a trademark Weasley sweater, Ron gave her an advanced copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Hermione gave her something to keep all of her homework in order. 

"I'm confident you'll be able to come back to school." Hermione said, which raised Anna's hopes somewhat. 

Lastly was Cedric's gift. He told Anna to close her eyes and hold out her hands. She reluctantly did so, slightly suspicious of him. He placed something small and furry in her hands. "Open." He said softly, and Anna opened her eyes, gasping when she saw a baby Kneazle in her hands. "Oh Cedric..." She whispered. The creature resembled Crookshanks with its ginger fur and a lion type tail, although Hermione was quick to assure her that Crookshanks had definitely not had any litters of kittens. The kitten mewed, already falling asleep in Anna's hands."