Chapter 8

Their first stop after Gringotts was a shop called 'Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.' Hagrid explained that this was where they would be getting their robes for school. He didn't accompany them inside aa he desperately needed a drink after their harrowing cart ride. While Malkin took Harry to be fitted, another witch took Anna. The witch was taller, with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. She was older, around sixty or so. She introduced herself as Nessa. "And what's your name dear?" She asked as she measured Anna. "Anna." The girl murmured.
"Oh yes, you're the Potter girl, aren't you?" Anna nodded. "Yes, Harry's my twin."
Nessa tutted as she worked. "People shouldn't be making such a fun over you two, I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be."
"I wouldn't know." Anna said. "Everyone wants to see Harry, I sort of just get pushed to the side." Although that was probably for the best. Because while Anna knew that Harry didn't want the spotlight, he handled it a lot better than Anna would have. Surprisingly, Nessa didn't ask her questions about Harry. Rather, she asked Anna questions about herself. What Anna liked to do, what her hobbies were, her interests. Time flew by, and before she knew it, Anna was rejoining Harry in the front of the shop. She noticed him frowning at a blonde boy that was leaving. "Everything okay?"
"Peachy." Harry muttered. "You look like you had a better time than I did." Anna told him all about Nessa."She was so nice Harry. I think you would really like her."
After Hagrid picked them up, he took them out to get ice cream. Anna got chocolate chip with hot fudge and sprinkles. She happily ate her ice cream. This was the best day ever, and it wasn't even over. She listened as Hagrid explained to Harry about a wizard sport called Quidditch. Then he told told them how Hogwarts students were sorted into four different houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
"I bet I'm in Hufflepuff." Harry said gloomily. "Better Hufflepuff than Slytherin." Hagrid replied.
"What's wrong with Slytherin?" Anna asked curiously.
"Because there ain't a single dark witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. You-know-who was one."
Once they had finished their ice cream, Hagrid took them to a shop called Flourish and Blotts to get their textbooks. Hagrid had to stop Harry from getting books on how to curse Dudley. They also bought their cauldrons, scales, and brass telescopes. Then they went to the apothecary to buy some basic Potions ingredients. When they got back outside, Hagrid checked their lists again. "Now all yeh need is yer wands. And I still haven't got yeh yer birthday presents yet." Anna blushed profusely. "Hagrid, you really don't have to-"
"I know I don't. Tell yeh what. I'll get yer animals. Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago. I don't like cats, they make me sneeze. I'll get yeh owls. All the kids want owls, they're dead useful, carry yer mail and everythin'.

Twenty minutes later they came out of the owl emporium. Anna had chosen a tawny owl and had dubbed him Apollo. The twins thanked Hagrid profusely, making Hagrid flush every time. Their final stop was Ollivanders, where they would purchase their wands. This was what Anna had been waiting for all day. They walked into the shop, and Anna wandered away from Harry and Hagrid, looking at all the boxes containing different wands. She could hear what must be Ollivander distinctly talking to Harry and Hagrid as she wandered deeper into the shop. There was a light breeze, but Anna's mind didn't register this as unnatural. Suddenly she froze. A whispery, ethereal voice could be heard. ' Anna... '
"Who's there?" Anna called as she cautiously made her way forwards.
' Anna...come find me...'
"Who are you?!" Anna continued deeper and deeper into the shop, the wind picking up the deeper in that she went. What was going on? Then the voice let out an ear piercing shriek, and Anna covered her ears. It lasted only for a moment, and she uncovered her ears. She looked around, but no one was there. Anna had wound up in a small room. She yelped as the door closed behind her. Her attention was diverted by a small stand which contained a wand, and the girl slowly began to make her way forwards.