Chapter 5 ~ idk what to call this chapter

Gabriel's P.O.V.

As I stayed with my newfound mom and sister at the cabin, my mother began my training. Everything I had to do was twice as hard as it was in my old pack. And on top of that, my new family was shocked to discover that I had two wolves. Apparently, there has never been a werewolf with two wolves in recorded history.

"Come on, bro!" Ellie called from her window on the second story. "Just one more lap!"

Part of my "warm-up" every day was running 50 laps in both wolf forms around the clearing in which the cabin was situated. Apparently, it was supposed to strengthen my wolves' endurance. Personally, I just thought it was torture.

One thing I had been able to do in the past few days was shift straight from one wolf into the other, with no need to turn human in between.

Once I finished my last lap, I trotted wearily over to where I had left my clothes and grabbed them in my mouth. I then jogged over to a tree and shifted behind it, putting on the clothes and stepping out.

"Woah! Dude, go look in a mirror! What's up with your hair?" My obnoxious sister yelled from her room.

"What's wrong with my hair?" I responded.

"Just go look in a mirror!" she called back.

I went inside and looked in the bathroom mirror. I stared at the person standing in front of me. This was not the kid that had been kicked out of the Crescent pack. The guy standing in front of me was slightly taller and had broader shoulders. Heck, I could probably pass as 16 instead of 14. And that wasn't the strangest part. My hair. . . It was white. Pure white. I just watched my reflection as Ellie came in and stood behind me.

"You look like one of those old dudes that you see hanging around that old barber shop in town."

"Gee, thanks. Way to ruin the mood," I groaned.

But a few seconds later, my hair began to turn darker, until it was back to its usual brown mess.

"Huh. That's weird. Maybe it's because you just ran in Cylix's form, and his fur is white?" she wondered, poking my head.

"Hey! I've only known you for like five days and you've poked me probably over a thousand times!"

"Well. Maybe. It's. Because. I. Like Seeing. You. Annoyed." said Ellie, punctuating each word with a poke to my side.

I do, too! Said Cylix enthusiastically. It's so funny when you get upset.

"I swear I'll do it right now if you say one more word, Cylix."

No you won't! My deranged wolf sang. You love me too much to block me out.

"Okay, have it your way. Don't say I didn't warn you." I responded as I blocked him out of my head.

I wish I could do that to him. He annoys me all day with his yapping. Said Fenris, the more silent of the two.

Hey! Cylix yelled, breaking through for a moment. Well I have to deal with you ranting all day about how you're gonna kill someone. It's quite disgusting.

"Your wolves are the perfect example of mentally insane siblings." Ellie laughed.

"Yeah," I responded. "They're always arguing. Wait a second. How did you hear them?"

"Oh, that?" she asked. "I can hear when people talk with their wolves. It's quite entertaining. Especially at school, since half of them are werewolves."

I just stared at her with a dumbfounded look on my face.

"Wut."

She burst out laughing.

"Oh, I don't know why. I just can."

"No, I'm thinking about half the school being werewolves. You being able to hear people's wolves is not as surprising as OUR MOTHER TELLING ME YOU'RE STRONGER THAN A FREAKING ALPHA!"

"She told you about that?" she asked.

"Yeah. She said that you beat her when you were only 12." I answered.

"Oh, I'm sure she was just going easy on me," she said dismissively.

"Wait a second. You said that half of the school are werewolves." I said, changing the topic.

"Oh yeah. They think I'm human because mom taught me to conceal my scent. Remind me later to teach you before tomorrow. We don't want anyone killing you since you're a rogue and a 'threat' to their pack."

"Oh, great!" I groaned. "I forgot today was Sunday."

A few hours later once I had completed my daily torture - I mean training - with mom, I went up to my room and grabbed my phone off my small desk and layed on the carpeted floor.

Since there were only two bedrooms in the cabin, I had to sleep in the attic. To be honest, I actually preferred sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag instead of a bed. I have no idea why. Maybe because it felt like camping, which I love.

Hoping I still remembered his number, I put Oliver into my contacts. I had his number in my old phone, but that was left behind, along with all my other belongings when I was kicked out.

G- Oliver?

A few minutes later. . .

O- Yes? Who is this? Alex, istg, if this is a prank, I'm not falling for it.

G- I'm not Alex. This isn't a prank. It's me, Gabe.

O- Alex told all of us during training that he went out and killed u! Give me one reason why I should believe it's u.

G- Here's some proof: —>insert picture here<—

(A/N: Since I post on my iPad because wattpad is blocked on my computer cuz I got it from the school, the pictures don't show up. So just go to this link, look at the picture, but imagine the bricks are wood panels:  https://boxclue.co/devan-key-biography/)

O- Where u at? And why is there carpet in the woods?

G- xD I'm not in the woods. I'm living with my mom.

O- I thought ur mom died after u were born

G- Apparently not. And guess what?

O- What?

G- We're cousins, our moms are sisters, and I have a sister

O- U have a sister? What's her name?

G- Ellie. She's kind of a stereotypical obnoxious younger sister except she's older than I am

O- Cool. Nice to see u back from the dead. Ttyl mom's calling me for dinner. Ft later. I wanna know everything that's happened. And ur always gonna be my brother. Mom's been hysterical since u "died"

G- tell her i'm alive. bye

O- ok. Bye

Okay that's the chapter

Yes or No for the guy I chose for Gabe?

If no, who instead?

Here's a different pic: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/593419688379402085/

I'm kinda in love with his eyes. . .

I randomly found this guy since I was watching a movie with my mom and he just happened to be in it when he was younger.

Anywho, on a scale of 1-10 how was the chapter? Negatives can also be used :)

I love reading comments

Vote if u want, it'll make me hApPy

~X

(cuz my initials are EKS and that spells X. No? Ok. Imma go yEeT myself out the window now :))