"Got it," said Hagrid at last, holding up a tiny golden key much like Ria's.

The goblin looked at it closely.

"That seems to be in order."

"An' we'd like ter visit Miss Aubrianna Greystone's vault as well" Hagrid said.

"Keys?"

Ria handed over her key. The goblin looked it closely and nodded.

"An' I've also got a letter here from Professor Dumbledore," said Hagrid importantly, throwing out his chest. "It's about the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen."

The goblin read the letter carefully.

"Very well," he said, handing it back to Hagrid, "I will have someone take you down to all three vaults. Griphook!"

Griphook was yet another goblin. Once Hagrid had crammed all the dog biscuits back inside his pockets, they followed Griphook toward one of the doors leading off the hall.

"What's the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen?" Harry asked Hagrid.

"Can't tell yeh that," said Hagrid mysteriously. "Very secret. Hogwarts business. Dumbledore's trusted me. More'n my job's worth ter tell yeh that."

Griphook led them through yet another door. What met the eye was in stark contrast to the marble exterior.

They were in a narrow stone passageway lit with flaming torches. It sloped steeply downward and there were little railway tracks on the floor. Griphook whistled and a small cart came hurtling up the tracks toward them. They climbed in -- Hagrid with some difficulty -- and were off.

The cart moved with a tremendous speed. The wind rushed into Ria's face. A weight lifted off her chest. She hadn't realised it was there.

They rattled along a maze of corridors and Ria quickly realised what Hagrid ment when he said you couldn't find your way around.

"How on earth does he know where he's going?", Ria asked Harry in a whisper.

"He doesn't. The cart does."

Ria looked at him incredulously but then figured he was right. Griphook wasn't steering.

Harry suddenly twisted sideways but then resettled himself looking disappointed.

"Thought I saw a burst of flames"

"Dragon?"

"Won't be surprised"

They had a good laugh at this while the cart plunged even deeper, passing an underground lake where huge stalactites and stalagmites grew from the ceiling and floor.

"I never know," Harry called to Hagrid over the noise of the cart, "what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?"

"Stalagmite's got an 'm' in it," said Hagrid. "An' don' ask me questions just now, I think I'm gonna be sick."
Ria thought he looked rather green.

"The ones growing from the floor are stalagmites. M for mud. Easy to remember", Ria said to Harry. He looked rather impressed.

When the cart finally came to a stop
beside a small door in the passage wall, Hagrid got out and had to lean against the wall to stop his knees from trembling. The number 687 was engraved on the stone arch above the door.

Griphook unlocked the door. A lot of green smoke came billowing out, and as it cleared, Harry gasped. Peaking around his shoulder, Ria did a double take. Inside were mounds of gold coins. Columns of silver. Heaps of little bronze coins.