CHAPTER 9: CRUSHING ON A BOY

Start from the beginning

"Hey little man." Gavin grinned back and ruffled his hair like a little kid despite Luke being fifteen. He gave off the impression of being younger so he was treated as such, especially being the last of six children. "Do you want to come party with us?"

Luke's eyes widened with excitement that Owen instantly had to destroy. "No fucking way." He smacked Gavin's shoulder who scowled. "He's fifteen, dumbass."

Gavin rubbed the now sore spot Owen hit. "I know his damn age!" he lied. "That doesn't mean he can't come hang out with us."

"Please Owen!" Luke pleaded with puppy dog eyes similar to Owen's. Luke was kind of just a smaller version of his older brother with the same childlike personality.

"Those don't work on me, bud." He flicked in between Luke's brows and he swatted his hand away with a frown. "It's a senior party. No underclassmen allowed."

"You're mean." He crossed his arms, pouting.

Owen snorted. "Good."

"Sorry that your brother's an asswipe, Luke!" Gavin yelled as Owen dragged him out of the house.

They got into Owen's car after some more bickering about Gavin being a bad influence. He pulled out of the driveway and turned on the radio so that he didn't have to focus on Gavin's endless chatter. He thought he was talkative himself, but the black-haired boy would never shut the hell up.

"There are a bunch of girls I could hook you up with tonight if you want." Gavin offered, knowing that would get the jock's attention since he was blatantly ignoring him. "Hot girls."

"I'm alright," he declined.

Gavin blinked at him stupidly, not sure if he heard him correctly. Owen Wilson was a ladies' man that could have pretty much any girl he wanted. Hearing him say no to the chance to hook up with one was bewildering.

"What about Stacy Proth? Faith Dunlop? Darlene Walsh?" He named random attractive females he knew at the school, waiting for Owen to change his mind. But he didn't.

Gavin didn't really care if he didn't get with a chick for the night. He was just genuinely baffled by Owen's different behavior. It was so unlike him.

"I'm good man," he laughed, turning a corner.

He didn't want to have a one-night stand with some cheerleader he'd never talk to again. If he had it his way then he'd be home watching football and eating Cheetos the whole night. But since that wasn't happening he'd settle for getting so drunk he couldn't stand on his own two feet anymore. That didn't involve intoxicated sex with a stranger.

"Where's Wilson and what have you done with him?" Gavin squinted at him as if he were an imposter.

"This is getting a little offensive," Owen huffed. "Are you calling me a whore?"

"Uh, yeah," he said as if it were a fact. It kind of was.

Owen scoffed. "Do you want me to turn this car around?"

"Please don't, mom. I'll be good."

He turned the radio up louder.

When they got to Sophie's house they were about an hour late. Gavin was complaining about how all the good booze were probably gone by now but he was busy searching the perimeter for a familiar set of pale blue eyes that he couldn't find. He wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or not.

He went inside with Gavin moodily trailing after him. They were headed for the keg stands but Owen was still looking everywhere to try and find Conan. He wasn't sure if he would even show up or not. Cailey might've made him come.