ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx - ᴅᴜᴋᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Go on. What are you gonna do, huh? Abandon me? Been there, done tha-" I roll my eyes as he tries to act like a careless Romeo. 

I speed beside him and hold his ear. Since I have powers against him, he winces as I press a bit. I twist his ear and drag him away from the next-to-naked girl. I throw him onto the love-seat and throw him a bottle of wine 

"Your long-locked love played you the whole time. She didn't care about you. You feel bad. I understand. You chased life for her love. Now, it's time to chase her. Chase her and probably try to kill her. No one fools Damon Salvatore and lives. And show 'em that" 

I slap him hard on the cheek and he looks to me with blazes in his eyes.

"Wow. Anything else?" he opens the bottle and chugs down almost half of it. I snatch it from him, "Yeah. Send these girls home after the erase part and get a new mission in life" I roll my eyes. 

His eyes narrow and he crosses his arms over his chest and I mirror his stance. He yields, drunk and tired from pining over a bitch for the better part of his life.

He erases and sends the girls back and I smile in satisfaction. I'm about to leave when he stops me, holding my hand back "What?"

"I'm probably gonna regret this so chalk this upto one of my drunk antics-"

"Damon...?" I raise my brows warningly, I swear if he kills me one more time-

He hugs me. I stagger back and he lets out a breath. 

"You do know I'm not gonna sleep with you right?" I joke and he withdraws from the hug, looking to me "I know. That wasn't seduction. That was what I call truce"

I chuckle and shake my head "Go on, you can say it. Friendship, Smoldy. It's called friendship. Take care and think about what I said..." My phone pings with a message from my sister

Let's go see Trudie Peterson.

"See ya around Hellfire..."

▹▹▹

The sun shines dimly when Elena and I stand in front of Trudie Peterson's house. I look at the post-it and Elena nervously snatches it from me to do the same. She hesitates but knocks the door. She knocks again and the door finally opens.

We are greeted by a young woman, probably in her late 20s. She smiles tentatively as her head peeks out "Yes?"

"Trudie? Trudie Peterson?" I ask and she nods "Yes?"

My twin finally finds her voice "Uh, my name is Elena Gilbert and this is my sister Kat. We wanted to talk to you about Isobel Flemming...?"

Trudie's face stretches into a real smile and her door opens wider "Well, I haven't heard that name in years. How do you know her?"

" Um, well...do you know if she had twins that she gave up for adoption?"

"My god. You're her daughters!" she chuckles in disbelief, "I was just gonna make some tea. Would you like some?" we both look at each other and smile "Thank you Ms. Peterson"

We both step in and it strikes me as weird that the woman watches us keenly as we enter the house.

"I'm sorry for barging in..." I say as we settle down at the dining table in the kitchen. Trudie laughs slightly, a bit too breathy for a normal person "It's no problem. Um, just a surprise, though. I haven't thought about Isobel in years."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"About 17 years ago, when she left to go have you. We kept in touch for a while, but, well, you know, people drift apart..."