▫️三十▪️

👑
thirty | sān shí

jaemin's eyes widened. he wasn't expecting this. "i-i don't get it.. a-and it's impossible. i have my parents back in the woods."

the couple frowned as they exchanged looks, "jaemin, think about it, what if they're the ones that are working for the huang queen? plus, why would they choose to live in the woods when there's a whole lot city in here."

"it's because they have a cursed child. that's why they chose to live at the woods—"

"no. jaemin, it's because they're hiding you from the public." the king stated as he tried to hold jaemin's hands but the said boy moved away. "jaemin..." the queen trailed off as they watched jaemin move to the other bed that was across the bed they're on.

and it broke the king and the queen's heart. they know it's hard to believe it but they can't just help but get hurt when you're own son doesn't acknowledge his parents.

"i-i don't know.... the only thing i know is that they're my parents and i love them." jaemin mumbled as he looked down and refused to have any contact with the couple infront of him.

the queen broke down into tears as her husband tried to comfort him and honestly, it made jaemin feel guilty and also hurt. being someone's cause of tears is not really pleasant.

"jaemin, if you want we can visit them... so you can confirm," the king suggested as he continued to rub circles on the queen's back.

jaemin raised his head to look at the couple. he pressed his lips into a thin line before opening his mouth to say something, "yes, please."

"okay. we'll go first thing tomorrow. i'll be the only one going with you because your mom can't come since she still needs to recover." the king declared making the queen pout but she just accepted it anyways.

"y-yeah sure..." jaemin muttered agreeing to it but he can't still remove his doubts and hesitation.

"jaemin, paternity tests don't lie. unless they are tampered but jaemin, the blood samples was from the blood you donated." the king explained as he got the results again and handed it to jaemin, but jaemin did not accepted it.

"but... you two are royalties... i'm just an attendant– i-it's not possible–"

"you're not just an attendant anymore, jaemin..."

"you're the crown prince of na."

jaemin just stared at his parents but he's panicking internally. crown prince!?

seeing the shocked look of the boy, the couple just shrugged and pulled the boy for a hug. they felt that jaemin was a little tensed but they still crushed him in the hug. it felt nice, he worries they had was all gone, because finally, after 20 years, they finally found him. "jaemin, son, we're really thankful we finally found you."

jaemin just smiled as he found himself turning back the hug given by his parents.

after a few more minutes, his parents pulled away, "so the reason i was so comfortable with you was this, oh gosh."