▫️二十八▪️

👑
twenty-eight | èr shí bā

no one had seen it coming.

everything happened so fast that everyone got to protect no one.

"mom!" jaemin cried out as he tried to remove the soldier and the prince's hold to him, "let me go! my mom was shot!"

jeno eyed renjun and signalled him to hold down the younger while he'll control the situation. when he got a nod, jeno let go of the younger's waist and pulled out his gun. he aimed at queen huang, "your higness, drop the gun."

"what the hell soldier lee jeno. you're supposed to be working for huangs, not against huangs." queen huang said while her gun was still in the same direction where he shot to.

jeno smiled, "i work for prince huang specifically.... only."

the queen rolled her eyes and dropped her gun. she then looked back and attempted to run but her husband got ahold of him, "you–! let me go or they'll send me to jail!"

"you.... you better pay the consequences of everything you did."

on the other hand, seeing that the danger was held down, jaemin took this as a chance to escape from renjun's hold. as soon as he did so, he ran to queen na, who was unfortunately shot at her side, "mom, please hold on."

the queen weakly looked at jaemin as she brought her hands up to caress the boy's cheeks, "y-you're parents... sure i-is lucky."

king na asked jaemin to be with the queen for a while, while he do some reservations at a hospital in just a call away, in which jaemin gladly accepted.

jaemin didn't know what to do. he's panicking and at the same time, worried as the queen's wound was bleeding too much. he then slowly reached his hand to the wound and covered it, "m-mom please hold on, the ambulance is on their way.."

"of course. w-we're closer t-too finding my son s-so i will."

jaemin weakly smiled at the queen. he then looked up when he heard a siren, "they're here..... mom they're–" but when he turned to look at the queen, she was unconscious,

jaemin felt as if his whole world paused as he felt tears brimming in his eyes. luckily, the rescuers immediately came inside the lobby with a stretcher, but jaemin was still frozen. the rescuers carried the queen and placed her on a stretcher while jaemin followed them like a robot but he was stopped by a hand on his waist, "renjun what are you doing? i need to be with mom!"

renjun felt a pang on his heart when he saw the younger cry. he then pulled him in a hug, "jaem, let's follow them with a different car okay?"

jaemin didn't say anything and just nodded. he then snuggled at the prince as tears continued streaming down his cheeks, "injun, mom's gonna be okay right?"

"of course jaem, everything will be alright."