▫️十二▪️

👑
twelve | shí èr

"w-what?"

renjun stood up from his seat and looked at his father, his expression filled with shock and dismay.

"i think you heard me right. your marriage will be in less than three months.. but... it's still.. adjustable." the king trailed off as he watch his only son, sobbing and was kneeling down on the floor. "son.."

"don't call me that. you were never a father to me. did you even asked for my opinion before continuing this stupid wedding? no! did you even know what i was going through before you called me to break this shitty news to me? no! you didn't. father, my best friend is not acting right. jaemin! my only best friend here in the palace who treated me like a family is avoiding me! i am... hurt, father. but here you are..."

the king felt thousands of needles was struck at his heart just by seeing his son like this. but, his son is right. he forgot to fulfill his role in being a father because of his duties as a king. he have never even asked how his own son was doing.

"i'm sorry.."

renjun wiped his tears and just looked down with his knees still on the floor. he tried to calm himself while he waited for what his father was about to say.

"do you want to wind up at one of our beach houses?"

renjun paused. he sniffed before looking up, "vacation?"

the king weakly smiled and helped his son up, "more like that. but you should bring jeno."

renjun's supposed to be smile went straight to a frown. he sighed, "i'll just... i'll just stay here–"

"and, jaemin could tag along."

renjun's eyes lit up. he looked at the king with his eyes hoping that he heard it right. and when the king nodded, renjun smiled before attacking his father with a hug. "thank you."

"i'm really sorry, son. but i won't cancel the marriage. it's for your own good."

renjun just pulled away from the hug and looked down. but he still nodded anyway. he took one last bow before leaving his father's office.

not like he can do anything about that anyways.

but on the brighter note, a vacation with jaemin seemed fun. and it will be much more fun if only they're in good terms right now, "maybe, i could ask jeno, to like, leave us alone when we get at the beach."

but renjun pressed his lips into a thin line. it seems like having a vacation without jeno is not right. it felt like, the vacation will be much more fun, if the three of them is present, "well, they did say, the more the merrier."

renjun hopped down the hallways as he greeted every made and every soldier he passed by, earning confused looks but he didn't mind. he was thinking on where he could find the two but he remembered he ordered jeno to call jaemin so renjun came into a conclusion that the two is in his room.