"Making sure my siblings don't do anything idiotic. As always. They truly would be lost without me." He says before looking towards the painting I had been looking at a few seconds ago. I turn to look as well, standing next to the tall man.

"If by lost you mean, not daggered for hundreds of years then yeah. Tots agree." I say, he only smiles in amusement before speaking again.

"Do you like it?" He asks, not removing his eyes.

"I do. It's yours isn't it?" I say, peering at the small signature.

"Yes. I was going to bring you here myself. I guess your curiosity got the best of you." He says, glancing in my direction with a smile.

"It always does." I respond, with a small shrug. I felt so comfortable in the silence as we both gaze at the art. My stomach was filled with butterflies and my nerves were all over the place. But I was definitely way too cool to let that show.

I think back to when I danced with Stefan earlier in the night. His comment about how I would never go for Klaus, he was this murderous psycho who literally killed his mother. But here I found myself, getting flustered by being in the mans presence.

"So, I want an honest answer." I begin, turning to face him. He follows, looking down at me in curiosity.

"Why did you invite me here tonight? And send me this dress, this necklace? Why did you send away your hybrids after Stefan asked?" I pretty much gush, allowing the questions that clouded my thoughts to finally spill from my mouth.

"I fancy you, Scarlett." He says casually, as if I were already supposed to know that. Well I'm sorry I didn't know immortal dudes just randomly got crushes.

I furrow my eyebrows at the response.

"Is that so hard to believe?" He asks as I nod.

"Uh yeah very hard to believe actually." I say, backing away slightly.

"And why is that?"

"Because you're this crazy villian wrecking havoc. I'm just like some boring human. Why would you like me?" I say looking down, almost as if I were asking myself the question.

"How could I not? You're beautiful, you're strong, you're full of light. I enjoy you." He speaks as I look back up at him. A short silence envelopes us as I find myself gazing into his eyes almost in shock and admiration.

"In all those years of living I'm sure you've encountered many beautiful women, women with more depth than me, more strength." I say as he only looks at me.

"After 1000 years I can assure you a pretty face can only go so far. I feel something more, like a gravitational pull to you for some odd reason." He speaks, as I squint at him in suspicion.

"But-"

"If you are looking for me to explain further, I'm afraid I can't because I don't even know myself. I only act on what I feel. Its much more liberating you should try it some time." He jokes as I shake my head.

"You know nothing could ever happen. What's the point? Why are you doing all of this?" I ask, breaking the silence. I see his eyes harden and his eyes flicker away from me.

"I know you have feelings for me despite your attempts at hiding them. You're not very good at it." He speaks cooly, no longer smirking or patronizing. I look down as if I were ashamed.

Not only was I apparently horrible at hiding my contradicting feelings but I also was obviously crushing on this psycho who literally has killed more people than I have met in my lifetime. Was there something wrong with me?

"Your heart beat increases every time I touch you." He he goes on, bringing his finger tips to touch my hand, sending a shiver through my body.

"Yeah because you're literally a walking ice cube." I say in defense.

"Tell me why nothing could ever happen, Scarlett?" He asks, bringing his fingers to my chin, making me look up at him. I feel my breath hitch slightly.

"Because of everything you've done." I say quietly, as his face drops. He removes his hand from me. I watch his face fill with disappointment and maybe even a hint of anger. He looks away from me.

I step back slightly and give him one last look before turning on my heel.

Sis I've seen this man angry and I really don't feel like becoming a capri sun right now.

Before I can leave the room a hand grabs mine and pulls me back, spinning me around to look at him. His face was only inches from mine.

I see his eyes flicker to my lips and his tongue runs across his own before he roughly connects ours. His hand cupped my jaw and his other was on my waist. He pushes  himself against me, closing any space between us and allowing me to feel everything under his button up. For a split moment I feel myself give into the kiss despite the shock.

I suddenly realize what I was doing and push the man away from me, disconnecting our contact.

With wide eyes I keep my eyes on his, my mouth agape as I try to process what just happened. The butterflies in my stomach seemed to have spread all over my body. He only looked back at me, waiting for a reaction.

Still slightly in shock, I lean forward and reattach my lips to his in a lot softer way, allowing my eyes to flutter close. I feel a small smirk form on his lips as he kisses back.

I feel his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me
in closer as my hands clasped around his neck and played with the small curls that were at the nape of his neck. I jump in fear at the sound of a loud scream from what sounded like the hall, disconnecting my lips from his and looking around in fear.

"What was that?" I ask, with wide eyes as he releases his grasp on me, looking towards the hall as well.

"Guess we better go find out." He says with a hint of annoyance before going to grab my hand and leading me from the room.

On the balcony, we find the source of the noise. Kol, Damon and Matt. I immediately drop my grasp on Klaus's hand and look at the three in confusion. Matt was on the floor, holding is arm in pain while Damon had Kol pushed against the balcony, all vamped out.

Their eyes flicker to us as I look to Damon who was definitely about to throw Kol over the ledge.

"Damon, quit it." I scowl, approaching the man who only shot me a look of annoyance.

"Drop him." I say warningly, already annoyed by his bad boy act. He simply shrugs before throwing Kol over the balcony, making a loud ass crash. My eyes widen in shock as I glare at Damon.

"Not what I meant." I grunt, just as Klaus moves past me and to Damon, now pushing him against the ledge of the balcony. I see guests almost forming a crowd at the commotion.

Klaus had been holding Damon by the neck, his eyes were glowing yellow and veins formed around them. He was definitely pissed.

"Both of you, Stop. You're making a scene." I whisper yell, approaching the two who had been glaring at each other. I shove Klaus slightly, in an attempt to free Damon.

It works, thankfully even though I knew I didn't really do it. The two back away from each other as I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Why are men so dramatic."