"I loved your mother. So much. But me living in London, her living in Leeds, both being underage. Things got hard. I couldn't visit her as often, and well it's then when she found someone else that could give her what I couldn't; attention, time, commitment, I don't know.."

"And me? Why did she leave me?"

"The whole not being able to be your mother wasn't completely a lie Kendra."

What?

"In her letter your mother told me she was leaving with a man she was in love with, but couldn't take you with her because, well, being a mother wasn't something she wanted at the time."

I feel the tears on my face. I just found out that not only my mother left me for another man but she also left me because she really didn't want to be my mother.

I was a mistake she wanted to fix by leaving it behind.

"Honey I'm sorry, this is exactly why I lied to you the first time we spoke. Because I didn't want you to know the awful mother you had. I wanted you to have a nice picture of her."

"I don't want a nice picture of her." I finally have energy to speak back. "She didn't care about me, about us. Why would you care to paint me a good picture of her dad?"

"I don't know honey, she wasn't a bad person and-"

"Well she's definitely not a good person either."

I say getting up and walking back and forth. I can't stand being still right now.

"You look so much like her.."

"Dad!"

"What?"

"That's not something I want to hear right now."

"Well I'm sorry but it's true." He says looking to the floor. "She was beautiful, just like you."

My dad is hurt. It's been nearly 18 years of this and i can still see how hurt he is.

I walk towards my father and sit next to him putting my arm around him.

"Is that why you never dated anyone else? A serious relationship I mean"

"As dumb as it sounds yes, I couldn't get your mother out of my head and in all honesty, I didn't want to go through that disappointment again, being heart broken."

My dad is no lie the most desired man in London. He is a smart man, good at business, tall with dark blue eyes and dark brown hair. Athletic, nice, caring, and literally has tons of women behind him, women that would do anything to be with him. And he had not giving them or himself a chance at love because my mother ruined that for him too. He has been alone all this time because of a woman who is happily living with another man somewhere in the globe, not caring about the mess she left behind.

God I hate this woman.

"Daddy I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry you went through this, I'm sorry you had to do it on your own, I'm sorry I made you talk about it. Trust me I don't even want to know more about her. I have you and you are all I will ever need."

My father looks up to me with tears in his eyes and I can feel my heart shattering inside my chest.

I hug him and we cry a little together. After letting our feelings out, we promise ourselves that it is the last time we are ever crying for her, someone who obviously doesn't deserve it.

I say goodnight to my dad and go upstairs to my room.

I check the time and see it's past midnight.

I see myself in the mirror, my eyes and face are swollen from so much crying. I am still wearing Tom's hoodie, and I remember he wanted me to call him.

I call his contact and he answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" He says in his raspy voice which indicates me he was sleeping.

"I woke you up, I'm sorry."

"No no it's ok. I always have time for you. Did you talk to your dad?"

"Yes, Tom my mum is a horrible person. I really don't want to ever talk about her. She hurt my dad horribly." I sob.

"I'm sorry princess. But at least you have a good dad, so I don't want you crying okay?"

"Okay." Is all I manage to say.

"We'll talk tomorrow princess, get some rest, I'm sure you need it."

"Tom?"

"Yes?"

"About earlier, I-"

"Don't worry about that Kendra, I already told you I will wait for you. Wether you decide to give the step tomorrow or in 10 years, for you I can wait a life time."

Okay my heart is now pieced back together, but it's now melting for this man.

"I love you, I really do."

"I love you more love, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I take my pants off and get myself in bed.

Tonight I will sleep only in my man's hoodie that smells as good as he does, so I can feel like I am sleeping next to him, and he hugging me and telling me that everything will be okay.