Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning, Jax came by my house to give me reports on Samuel's whereabouts. This was one of the things I've asked him to help me with since Samuel was really hard to find. Ever since he knew my existence, they've been much more careful with their activities. He was paranoid that the Lorenzo Mafia will do something to get even with them when in fact, Arthur remained quiet all these years because he thought getting back at the Parkers was not worth his time and wouldn't bring back his son.
The truth was, I'm really the only one who wants to get back at him, I'm the only one who wants to seek revenge.

"So you hire someone who will pretend to be a buyer of illegal firearms being sold by the Parkers?" I asked Jax after he discussed the plan.

"Right. And while they're busy, that's when we will attack."

"And I will kill Samuel."

Jax nodded. "Of course, after all, this is your mission. Ikaw ang may gusto nito. We're just here to help you fulfill it."

Arthur Lorenzo, my grandfather, was against my plan but I was furious, anger filled my heart, gusto kong gumanti, my parents were killed by Samuel,  wala silang kalaban laban. So I made a deal, I told Arthur I will train and when I pass to be a member of the mafia, he will let me take my revenge to Samuel. 7 years ago, when I came back, I was ready. However, when I learned that Shayne and Chase were together, that refrain me from doing it. I saw how happy my sister was with Chase and I don't want to take that happiness away from her. I was about to just forget everything for my sister's sake but the evil Samuel Parker was too paranoid that the Lorenzo Mafia was using my sister to take revenge so he broke her and Chase apart.

When Shayne almost died, everything came back.
Something inside me lit up and I just wanted to kill Samuel again. He was even lucky that I extended his life for two more years since I had to take care of Shayne first. But now, he won't get away anymore.

"I just hope, this time, you will actually do it."

I raised my brow on him. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you get distracted when someone else gets involve. Babawiin mo just for the sake of that someone. Minsan kailangan mo din unahin sarili mo. Don't fulfill someone's happiness in exchange of yours and live with regrets."

"You know why I always put others first before myself?" He shook his head. "Because I know how it feels like not to be prioritized, not to be important, it's painful. So I told myself, I won't ever do that to anyone, especially to the people who made me part of their family, who treated me as if I'm their own, who still considers me as family despite of all the troubles I gave them. Their happiness and safety are far more important than mines. And I won't ever regret that."

"But Carly, you can't do that forever, at some point you have to do something for yourself before anyone else . You won't be happy if you'll continue doing that."

"You know Jax, even if I sacrifice my happiness so my loved ones can be happy, I will do it. Seeing them happy makes me contented." But now, seeing Shayne suffers, I know I have to do something. I know I have to finish what I have started.

"Fine fine. Whatever you say." He surrendered. I  smiled at him for winning the argument and he just frowned. I seldom win an argument with Jax, madalas kasi tama siya pero ngayon, alam ko, ako ang tama.