I sauntered to the door throwing his coat on. 

"I'm going to the bar. If you're still here by the time I get back in an hour I won't hesitate to throw you out myself." 

He then walked out the door, slamming it behind me and leaving me speechless and broken. Feeling worthless, feeling like I wasn't enough. Like I'd never be enough. 

After that I ended up stranded out on the street crying when Kate found me. She was my savior, taking me in off the streets and letting me stay with her. I pay her rent so I feel less guilty, I think she's just happy to have some company instead of living alone. 

I happily made my way to work, humming along to the music on the radio. 

Today I was bringing in my speaker to introduce Thrifty-Two to music. I'm really excited, I think he'll like it. I had suggested it to Dr. Shawl who had thought it was a great idea. 

We've made a lot of progress by now. Thirty-Two even says the random complete sentence here and there making me think he's known how to talk this entire time but just didn't trust us enough to do so. 

He's still so mysterious... I couldn't help but be drawn to that. 

Since Jake broke up with me I found myself getting much closer to Thirty-Two. Dr. Shawl trusts me enough to not always be there and sometimes when the guards aren't there he'll steal a little kiss or something and those are some of the best moments of my life. 

I can't help but feel happier around him. 

I sighed, hopping out of the car and bouncing into work. 

I don't know what but something felt off as I walked through the large glass doors into the pristine white halls. 

Everything was the same, but it wasn't... 

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and got pulled into a tall body. I looked up and smiled at Dylan who was smiling at one of the doctors walking by. 

"Hey Dill." 

"Hey Opey." He replied, pinching my cheeks as we walked through the halls towards patient 32, eyes on us as always.

"Hold on I didn't sleep very well last night, I'm going to go grab a coffee before we head down, I'll meet you there." I said chirpily, separating from him to head to the little staff kitchen we had. 

Before I could turn and go Dylan grabbed my arm and something seemed off on his face though I could tell he was trying to hide it. 

"You head down, I'll grab you your coffee. I think Dr. Shawl is waiting for you." 

I raised my eyebrows, prying his hand off my arm before shaking my head. "I'm early actually, I'll be right there I can get my own coffee." I said eyeing him. 

"NO!" I suddenly exclaimed, jumping in front of me, blocking my way to the coffee again. I could see a few people that were watching us scurry off in the direction of the coffee. 

"What the hell Dylan?" 

"I'm getting you coffee... because I'm a gentlemen?" He said but it was more like a question. 

I raised my eyebrows and he nodded to himself, seemingly relieved and proud. 

"Ya, what kind of gentleman would make a damsel get her own coffee. I'll grab it, you head down to work." 

I looked into his eyes for a few moments hesitating.

"I'm not a damsel, I'm perfectly capable of getting my own coffee, where is this coming from?"