34.

THIRTY FOUR

ANNALISE AWOKE THAT COLD MORNING, looking forward to the upcoming evening

ANNALISE AWOKE THAT COLD MORNING, looking forward to the upcoming evening. The whole group was meeting up today at Talia's to surprise her for her birthday, and she couldn't have been more excited. It had been just over a week since holidays had begun, but Annalise already missed her friends. More specifically, she missed James. She was so used to seeing him and hearing his stupid jokes everyday, that it had felt so strange being without him. He had grown on her, to her utter chagrin.

Roxy had repeatedly told all of them that they needed to be at Talia's house by three o'clock sharp, so they had enough time to bake Talia's cake from scratch like they did every year. They also had a lot of food to pick up as well. She quickly finished up her lunch around two thirty and then headed upstairs to get ready. She yelled at Asher to get ready on her way up, knowing her brother had probably forgotten they were going to Talia's today.

She slid open her closet door, rummaging through the shelves and hangers. She was so indecisive when it came to picking out her outfit. She knew she wanted to look good today, which is why she was going through so much effort. She finally settled on a black, cropped tank top with low waisted mom jeans that showed off her toned stomach. She threw on a navy and dark green oversized flannel, rolling up the sleeves to make it look better. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, knowing she picked the perfect outfit.

Annalise decided her hair was fine, and decided to put on some mascara to finish. She glanced at the clock on her wall, noting it was almost three. Grabbing her phone off the nightstand, she walked out of her room, stopping in front of Asher's. Her brother was still sprawled out on his bed, watching a movie as always on his computer.

"Asher." She said loudly enough to get attention, as she walked into her room, tapping her foot. Asher frowned and looked up at her from his computer.

"What do you want?"

"I reminded you twice already that we have to be at Talia's house by three, and you're still not ready!" Annalise sighed in frustration.

Asher waved it off. "Oh big deal if we're late by a couple minutes. I'll be ready soon."

"It is a big deal!" She was getting impatient now. "Roxy literally told us a hundred times three o'clock sharp. She's going to kill us both!"

Asher groaned. "Can I at least finish my movie? It's almost done."

"No." Annalise said through gritted teeth. "Get. Up. Now."

"But black widow's just about to-"

"I don't care!"

"Asshole." Asher grumbled, slamming his computer shut, and finally getting of his bed.

"Be down in five minutes or I'm leaving without you." She smiled sweetly, before walking out of his room. She strutted down the stairs, grabbing a snack from the pantry while she waited for Asher to come downstairs. She tapped her foot impatiently, debating whether or not she should go upstairs and strangle her brother as ten minutes passed by. Finally after another five minutes, Asher casually strolled down the stairs, as if he had no worry in the world. She glared at him as he approached her, knowing that they were already late and that Roxy would throw a fit.