4.

FOUR

ANNALISE STUMBLED THROUGH the aisle way of the Hogwarts express as it slowly picked up speed

ANNALISE STUMBLED THROUGH the aisle way of the Hogwarts express as it slowly picked up speed. Before she knew it, they had sped out of King's Cross and were on their way to Hogwarts., She walked along the endless line of compartments, looking around for Roxy and Talia. She checked the compartments hoping to find them, but so far no luck. About five minutes later she stumbled upon Roxy and Talia walking towards her, who were also checking the compartments, no doubt looking for her.

She smiled brightly with excitement, running to give Talia a big hug. She hadn't seen her all summer because she was off traveling through Southeast Asia. "You look gorgeous!" Annalise squealed as she released Talia from her tight hug. "That tan looks amazing." She gasped, as her gorgeous best friend was blushing.

"Thank you." Talia smiled. "Spending the summer in the sun in Bali did wonders to my pale skin."

"Did you color your hair?" Annalise questioned, looking at the new light brown streaks in her hair. "I love it!"

"My grandmother convinced me." Talia blushed, from Annalise's excitement over her new look. "I love it too!"

"You both got even more gorgeous, if that's even possible over the summer," Annalise gushed over her friends. "And then there's me, who just got sunburned and bruised all over my body."

"Shut up." Roxy glared at her. "You always look beautiful!"

"Bruised?" Talia asked in concern.

"It was a very intense summer at the Wood household." Annalise grimaced.

"Lot's of quidditch?" Talia asked, nodding her head in understanding.

"No." Annalise said shaking her head. "I played a bit, but I told dad I wanted to take a break from quidditch this summer." She explained. "We actually played this game where we would sneak up on anyone of your choosing, and try to hit them with a quaffle." She said excitedly. "And once you get hit, it's your turn to hit someone else, and it makes things so much more interesting and fun when there's the risk of getting smacked in the face with a quaffle!"

Roxy and Talia just stared at her with blank expressions. "Fun?" Roxy looked at her like she was insane. "That sounds painful! You Wood's really are something else."

"It was fun!" Annalise insisted. "But unfortunately, we had to stop when Cal was trying to hit dad and he hit mum instead." She shuddered remembering the incident. "I thought mum was going to throw out all of quidditch supplies."

Roxy and Talia laughed, as Annalise continued to tell them what else had happened at the Wood household that summer. "Did you find a compartment?" Annalise asked once she had finished talking.

"I tried!" Roxy replied. "They were all taken by the time I got on the train."

"Fantastic." Annalise grumbled. "Where are we going to sit?"