Scarlett knelt near the girl. "I'm Scarlett. It's very nice to meet you, Cassandra." She shook the little girl's hand.

Cassie cocked her head to a side and analyzed Scarlett's face. "You're pretty," she said, resolutely, like no one could challenge her, "I like you. You can call me Cassie."

A radiant smile came over Scarlett's face as Ace watched. "Thank you. I think you're very pretty, too. And you can call me Sky."

"Sky?" Cassie asked and pointed out the window, "Like the sky?"

Scarlett nodded.

Cassie smiled again. "I love the sky!"

Her excitement was infectious and Scarlett giggled. "Me, too!"

"How'd you know my uncle Ace?"

Scarlett's eyes flickered up to her boss and then she looked back at the girl. "I work with your Uncle Ace."

Cassie turned and looked up at Ace, who was towering over her. "Lucky! I want to work with Sky!"

Ace looked amusedly confused. "You just met her."

Cassie looked back at Scarlett and considered this. "But I like her."

Scarlett smiled as Gretchen walked in and handed some papers and coloured pencils to Ace. He took it. "Hey, Cassie, do you want to sit over there and draw something for me?"

Cassie took the papers and the pencils and nodded. "But I want to sit there." She pointed to Ace's desk.

"Sure, kiddo, you can have my desk."

"Can Sky stay here?" she asked.

Ace looked down at his niece and PA. "She does have to work, you know."

Cassie blinked her big blue eyes up at him and Ace rolled his eyes. "Sure, just go over there and colour, okay?"

Cassie smiled up at her uncle like he had given her the world and skipped off to climb back on to his seat and begin her artistry. Scarlett got to her feet and watched Cassie.

"Turn my niece against me, why don't you?" Ace huffed, jokingly.

Scarlett looked over a raised shoulder at Ace. "I can't help it if she likes me. I'm very likeable."

"Any particular reason you're in here, Ambrose?"

She tapped her closed laptop. "I found a gift for your brother-in-law."

Ace nodded. "Email it to me."

Scarlett motioned with her head towards Cassie. "She's the one who called the other day. Why is she here?"

"My sister was running an errand and she had demanded to see her favourite uncle," Ace said.

"You're her only uncle, aren't you?" Scarlett made a pitiful face.

Ace shook his head, disbelievingly. "She does enjoy my company, you know."

"She's just a child. She doesn't know any better."

Ace opened his mouth to retort, but stopped when he heard a voice outside.

"Hey, Gretchen. Nice to see you. Hey, Ace. Hope Cassie didn't give you much trouble."

In walked a dark-haired woman, dressed in a pair of stylish wide-legged pants and a blouse. She had blue eyes that resembled Cassie's, and an easy smile on her face. Her gaze was trained on Ace, but when she saw Scarlett, she smiled.

"Oh, hi," she nodded to Scarlett, "Who's this?"

Ace gestured to Scarlett. "This is my new PA, Scarlett Ambrose. This is my sister, Emerson."