26 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕

Start from the beginning

Somehow, I don't feel scared of Logan despite him being a vampire. Don't know if that's the powers in me speaking or the human in me.

I point out "You have to have vampire blood in your system when you die. Apparently, Damon here, didn't do that. Some other vampire found you, gave you their blood..." Logan holds me by my neck "So you don't know who did this to me. I can't even enter my house!"

I pull off his fingers roughly from my neck "You have to be invited in. But you live alone. Sucks" I chuckle and so does Damon. Gosh I'm demented.

"All I can think about is blood and killing people. I can't stop killing people. I keep killing" he scoffs and laughs "and I like it. I'm conflicted..." He looks to me with a predatory gaze and I raise a brow at him.

Been there, done that.

Didn't work out well for the guy in your place.

"Wait a minute, the cops only found one body..." Damon states and my eyes widen as Logan exclaims "They're just piling up!"

He points behind me and there is a very big heap of bodies. Women, men and children alike. Logan's been a very busy man. I growl and hold the new vampire by the neck, lifting him a few feet from the ground.

My strength takes him by surprise but a second later he starts fighting, but I don't let him down as I grit out "Those people did nothing to yo-" a gunshot sounds and I lose my grip and fall down, blood spreading through my stomach.

I shout in pain and a second later, I feel fingers digging through the wound "Ow!" I howl and a click sounds. I feel a burning sensation and Damon and I see the skin heal underneath the shirt. He taps it "There. As good as new" I glare at the new vampire who shot me "I'm gonna kill you-" but he looks behind him and smirks "Well, it's dark, so you can't. Because I may not be able to walk in the sun, but I can run when it's dark" and then he vamps out.

I get up and groan and Damon helps me stay stable on my feet "The Career Night Fair" I state to Damon.

Logan is right. He can come out during night and right now, half the town is in the school halls, all human and healthy.

Logan has to go there to make an appearance because people are starting to doubt whether he's alive or not. And it's not like the Sheriff can shoot down the star of the town. Damon agrees and looks down at the wound, "Will you be okay?"

"Yea. The wound's all fine and I need to get going to the school. Logan has to go there. He will..." Damon starts protesting but I cut it off with a glare "You. Go home and change. Too much blood..." I point to the bloody patches on his shirt. 

Snatching off his leather jacket that he discarded after being shot, I check for more blood. Finding none, I slip it on and zip it up to conceal the red patch and hole in my shirt. I rush out of there before he can say anything else.

▹▹▹

I barge into the bustling school halls and search for anyone I might wanna alert. Stefan. Elena. I enter the career display room where all residents of Mystic Falls, despite their age, walk along the counters. I spot them and rush towards Stefan and Elena.

"-if you're gonna leave, then just go-"

"Not yet..." I hug Elena "O you're alright. Good..." I look to Stefan and am about to tell him when my aunt comes rushing in on tiptoes, her panicked gaze finding mine.

She slips between me and my sister, looks straight ahead and grits out "Hide me" My back stiffens "Logan's here isn't he?" Elena is clueless and Stefan furrows his brows. Jenna confirms my earlier suspicion "The Scum Fell has landed-"