Oliver wanted to ask her what would happen in a week if his Grandpa would die, but decided against it. It was too soon, and he was going to just have to trust his Mom that she had things more figured out than he did.

Oliver woke up in his bed, with no memory of ever leaving the couch. While he was scrolling through his emails (how he got so many in a day, he would never know), one popped out.

It was another Stark Industries with an 'EXTREMELY IMPORTANT' as the subject title. He clicked it a few times, a smile slapped across his face.

Dear Mr. Schmidt,

Thank you for sending in the forms so quickly. We are pleased to inform you that you can start the Internship this Friday! Please send an email back for confirmation.

SI CEO, Pepper Potts

Oliver bit his lip to stop from laughing. He typed out a response with shaky hands, trying his best to sound profession and not like a fanboy.

Only after he sent it, he noticed another email from Stark Industries.

One titled 'To the new kid'.

Clicking it, Oliver was nervous. He didn't know what it was going to be, and practically prayed that it would be good news.

Hey,

I have no idea to write "professional" emails to a fifteen year old. Oliver, this is Tony Stark, Pepper made me send you an email so that we can get "acquainted". Honestly, I have no idea how she does all of diplomacy, or how I did it.

Back to the Internship. I bet that you've been wondering how the hell you got it. I mean there were much more impressive resumes, but yours stood out.

Every student gave me their absolute best designs and ideas, and only talked good about themselves. Well, there were a couple others that were down on themselves. What I'm trying to say is that you had the perfect combination of "I'm smart" and "I need help", plus having a SHIELD file on you helped. Oliver Schmidt you are a very interesting kid.

I look forward to guiding you to greatness, kid.

Tony

PS - don't tell Pepper about my email writing capabilities

Oliver felt like he was going to pass out. He had a crushing realization that on Friday he was going to meet Tony Stark in person, and that Tony Stark looked forward to teaching him.

It was way too early in the morning to be thinking about it.

At school, Oliver was a mess. Leo and Emma made fun of him at break when he dropped his cold bagel on the ground after they mentioned the internship.

Even in History Emma brought it up.

"Listen Oliver, I know that you're nervous slash excited for the whole meeting and working with Tony Stark, but please actually work on the project."

Oliver slid down in his chair, face red, as Peter and Neds heads shot up to look at him.

"Whoa, you're meeting Tony Stark!" Ned exclaimed. Oliver's face heated up at the attention.

"Uh yeah, on Friday," Oliver mumbled. Emma smirked to herself while she typed.

"That's so cool, what's it for?"