Family Dinner

After our strange reunion I decided to cook with my mom for dinner, to catch up on everyone and bond with my little brothers.

Normally I would get our Butler to cook for us, but we didn't want to dissappear our mother in using richness.

"So, I really like Caroline," my mother stated. "Has she been your friend for long?"

"Mhm, I helped her with her heartbreak over her last boyfriend, she was a mess."

She smiled as she cut the salad. "Well I'm happy that our lifes are going to be here."

"Mom."

She hummed.

"There's something I want to do and it's about Aiden."

She stiffened.

"What do you want to do with him?" She asked cautiously.

I sighed. "I want to help him control his magic."

There was a silence.

"Will I get to be there?"

I nodded. "You can tell us which spells to do and what ones that don't take too much energy from him. Even though he's immortal like me, Dylan, Noah and you."

She smiled. "Then I accept."

I squeaked in happiness and hugged the life out of her.

"Come on, we need to finish dinner."

                                                           ^*^

"BOYS! DINNER!" My mom screamed.

A minute later, Dylan and Noah were tumbling down the steps after each other, eager to eat.

Dylan walked over, a hand on his stomach and a face of longing on his face.

"I'm hungry sis!"

I smiled. "Seat down, there's food in the kitchen, on the table."

Something was missing.

Fuck, Aiden.

"Hey!" Dylan turned his head to look at me. "Where's Aiden?"

"He's in his room, I saw him drawing but whenever I tried to look he would shout at me to get out the room." He said with an annoyed tone.

"Well you shouldn't look at people's work when they aren't finished. It gets them angry."

He huffed but nodded, walking away.

"Aiden!"

I hear a soft reply from his room.

"...what?"

"Come and eat!"

"..okay, hang on."

I walk back into the livingroom and seat next to my mom, a seat saved next to me for Aiden. Dylan was shoving his face with food while Noah was piling food in his plate.

Feeling my chair move, I looked next to me and saw Aiden sitting down on the chair, he placed his plate on the table and I took it, earning a grateful smile from him.

"So, how did you guys get the house?"

Noah swallowed.

"Uh, I had contacts."

"Had?"

"Yeah, they got killed after they game valuable information."

He didn't tell me that part.

"How did you cope on your own?" Mom asked, worry lines crossing her forehead.

"We're Santiagos, we take care of each other." My brother said proudly,  passing a smile my way.

There was a silence after that, we all ate and sometimes gave out snippets of our time.

"Are we superheroes?" Dylan asked.

I laughed. "Yeah in a way. We never die and we always live." I told him proudly. I smiled at his grin.

"Can I have a friend like Caroline someday?" Aiden asked me lowly. I supressed an aweeee.

I need to text this to her.

"Yes, if you find the right girl to be friends with. Or you can hang out with Caroline yourself."

He smiled widely. "I would love to! And Klaus can come too. I like him."

"Why?"

"I don't know..I guess he's ..like me."

Did I hear that right?

You heard that, right?

"What do you mean? How are you the same?"

"Well, when you weren't here, you and Noah, when you used to live with grandma after dad left, mom brought her boyfriend over. He used to call me names and when she wasn't looking, he used to pinch my arms until they were purple!"

What the fuck?

Is there a sign saying M E N T A L ? BECAUSE THERE IS.

"When the fuck was this?"

"You said the f word."

"I don't care Aiden, now tell me when it happened."

"It was last year. Before you came for Christmas."

She kept it this long?

"Omg. "

"Anyway, Klaus's father used to hit him too, because he wasn't his real son, he was Axel's son, Esther had an affair with one other men in the village at that time."

How the hell did he know all this?

"How do you know all this?"

"Klaus told me. He was whispering it without talking. I could hear him inside, I could hear his blood pump, the demons talking to him,  the things that are happening to him are subconsciously happening right now in his head, giving him the impression that he won't be loved."

Fuck this kid was smart.

I have a smart brother.

No, I don't share.

"Well talk about this later, okay?" He nodded.

I just realised something.

I think my brother has some Silas jazz in him.