Page 11

That's when he kissed me. It was a long, deep kiss and he held on for a while, slowly pulling away.

"I don't like Charly, Chloe," he whispered. "I like you." I stared at him with my lips parted and he let go of me with a deep breath. "You're just so talented and perfect. Charly's a bully. But you're the kindest soul I've ever met. So don't doubt for one second that I'd pick her over you." All my feelings flooded back into me and I hugged him. He hugged back and we stood like that for a while.

"Please don't ever let go, Jaden," I whispered.

"I don't wanna." Jaden liked me back. I was happy and I just wanted to be in his embrace. "But I won't have to on one condition."

"What's that?"

"Be my girlfriend, Chloe."

"It's a deal." He squeezed me and I closed my eyes.

"Please don't go," Jaden said and I hummed.

"Okay." He took me home soon and Chase looked at us as we went up to my room. He followed suspiciously and it was just the three of us in my room.

"Where were you?" Chase asked.

"She was with me," Jaden plopped onto the bed.

"Why?"

"We were just hanging out," I shrugged, joining Jaden.

"Uh... Chase, I wanna ask you something," Jaden said. "Can I have your permission to date your sister? I'll treat her perfectly. I'll spoil her and everything."

"You won't break her heart?" Chase asked.

"No. I won't."

"You have my blessing. Just to be clear, I don't wanna be an uncle. So use protection." He walked out and I mentally facepalmed myself.

"That went well," Jaden joked and I smiled. He slowly turned my head and kissed me. I rested my head on his chest and we sat like that for a while with his arm wrapped around me. "I'm gonna head home now."

"Okay. Bye," I said and he left. The next day, Bryce called me. "Hey, what's up?"

"Why did you add her to the call?" Tayler asked.

"Oh, shit. Right. Bye," Bryce removed me and I went down to see him with the hype house sign.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Tayler's upstairs distracting everyone while we run away with the sign. Don't tell anyone. I'll kiss you," Bryce said.

"Uh... Just go," I stated and he ran out playing Still Softish. I watched from my balcony and some people had caught it on camera. Tayler let everyone go and I went to the living room. Sofie Dossi was doing tricks and was asking if people wanted to learn.

"Try," Ondreaz told me.

"Fine," I gave in. Sofie did a complicated move on stilts and said that was the easiest one she could do.

"Do something harder," she told me.

"Like what?" I asked.

"You can do it on your hands, hold the box with your mouth..." I got on and everyone was shocked at what I could do.

" I got on and everyone was shocked at what I could do

I got down and sat with Chase. I got a text from Jaden to come over. I got in my car and drove over to the apartment. He showed me the Hype House sign and there was dog piss on it.

"Oh, my God!" I said. "Thomas is gonna kill you."

"We tried to clean it, but... The lights don't work anymore. So it's the pee house now," Josh laughed.

"Oh, what a coincidence," I rolled my eyes. "Are you taking it back?"

"In a bit." I sat on the couch and Curtis made a TikTok with me. I drove home and Jaden and Josh brought the sign back. They hung out in the pool and I sat on the edge. Chase swam to me and flipped his hair at me. "Chase!" I smiled. He sat with me and wanted to get out.

"Can you get me a towel?" He asked.

"Yeah." I gave him one and he dried off. It started getting dark and people were shivering.

"Guys?" Michael asked.

"Yeah?" We all asked. He tried opening the door, but it was locked. Everyone was on the roof so we had to call someone. He said he'd be an hour to come over, so people silently sat together and shivered after getting out of the pool. Chase rocked back and forth as his hair started freezing up. I took my hoodie off and gave it to him.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I shrugged. He put it on and put the hood on, instantly warming up. Jaden sat with me and was shirtless. "This is what you get for never wearing a shirt."

"Oh, shut up before I kiss you," he whispered and I smiled. I leaned onto him, laying between his legs. I rested my head on his chest and he pet my shoulder, leaning on the back of the chair. Thomas got a call and answered.

"H-Hello?" He asked.

"Sorry. Something came up and we aren't able to send someone over. Goodbye," the lady hung up.

"Fuck!" Ryland yelled.

"Can someone jump over the railing and land on the tree?" Nick asked.

"I could try jumping to the next floor," I said.

"Yeah, no," Chase said.

"Let here, dude. She's offering. And we're freezing," Tony hissed. I climbed over the rail and everyone watched. I slid down the railing pole and was hanging.

"Oh, jeez. That's far," I breathed. I swung a little and dropped. I let out a little scream, but landed on Alex's balcony. I opened the sliding glass door and ran to the top. I unlocked the door.

"Thank God!" Tayler ran in and everyone came in to warm up. I joined Jaden on the couch as everyone crowded around the oscillating space heater. I was sitting at Jaden's feet as he lied down. He kicked me and I looked at him. He opened his arms and made grabby hands. I rolled my arms and shook my head.

"Please," he mouthed.

"No," I mouthed back. He pouted and I sighed giving in. I lied down on him and he held me tightly.

The next day, Jaden and Josh came back with Sway. We called over a card guy to do magic and everyone was shocked.

"These two can perform a magic thingy of their own," Alex told him pointing at Chase and me.

"Let's see it," the guy said.

"I'll put on notice canceling headphones and you tell a word to Chase. A word or sentence that I could never guess at all. He'll just look at me and I'll try to guess what you said," I said and put on the headphones. He said something to Chase and covered his mouth so I couldn't lip read. Chase motioned fr me to watch him and I leaned forward staring into his eyes. "When I was little... I had a dog named Bobo," I stated and took the headphones off. "Was that's right?"

"Yeah!" The card guy said and everyone just stared, completely lost.

"Okay, wait, wait, wait. I wanna say something," Bryce said. I put the headphones on and stared at Chase.

"Gross! Bryce, I'm not saying that out loud!" I took the headphones off and stood.

"Okay, okay. Then just whisper it in my ear." I did and his jaw dropped.