Mark's eyes were a beautiful view to look at, but not when he was almost glaring. It looked scarier than I could imagine before. But although I started to feel a bit unusual I didn't break the eye contact. "What..?" I finally asked, but it came out calmer and lower than expected. Either ways it was enough for him to hear as he shook his head and looked ahead, speeding up the car after a heavy sigh.

"Nothing, Ji..." He answered breathily, not lower and calmer than I asked, but the way he said it seemed like 'Everything, Ji...'. He sounded disappointed, like he was trying to hide it but terribly failed. And I was left with an unanswered question and in hesitation throughout the ride.

• • •

The moment we arrived young people had already started to enter the club. The word 'Avenue' was boldly written with curled letters above the entrance crowded by hundreds of people. The colour of the neon lights around the letters changed every few seconds. It looked aesthetic and admirable.

We pushed our way through the crowd, ignoring the shouting of the annoyed people around us. We already had a reserved booth and Taeyong knew the owner of the place which made us important people to him too. Only saying our names we were allowed inside. It was a club we went to most of the time and even the guards knew us already and let us in without causing problems.

The club was still slowly filling up with people, not many were already inside, only those who had some ties like us. The music was still low until the wide room finally filled up. More highlights were turned on soon after, the music was turned up loud and clear with hard bass thundering throughout the walls. People were wilding to the beat of the music, enjoying themselves to the fullest.

I was still sitting in our reserved booth. It was placed on a high spot around the room, allowing me to watch everything that was going on on the dancefloor. A glass of half drank whiskey was in my hand and the bottle of Jack Daniel's almost half emptied was on the table in front of me.

Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun should have arrived by now, but they were nowhere to be seen. The party had already started and I had decided I wouldn't be waiting longer. There were many other men out there I could have my playtime with.

I drank up the rest of the whiskey in my glass, it wasn't even the first one, I myself drank up half of the bottle sitting alone in the booth and waiting while everyone else already started having fun long ago. I left the glass on the table and stood up fixing my dress before I walked down on the dancefloor.

I walked through sweaty bodies sticking to mine, pushing me and hitting me unintentionally, but it was a party, I was used to it. The deeper I stepped in the crowd the stronger the scent of sweat mixed with perfume became. It was awful until my senses got used to it.

The rest of the night went on. My old hobby made the night interesting, I danced, easily got a pretty boy wrapped around me, made out with him, kissed him and bit him and made him go insane in my arms. One step was left- the one when I reject him for more and leave him struggling with self doubt, while I spit the words "Poor little thing... you thought I'd end up spending the night with you? Poor little thing..."

But I never did. I only though of doing it. Before I could push him away myself, I was pulled away from him. I rolled my eyes, the first thing that came to my mind was the exact one I yelled as I spun around to face the person. "Not again, Mark! I'm not–" And I froze. Already forgetting what I was about to say. The anger vanishing like a piece of dust on the wind and I let out a low "Oh..."

It wasn't Mark.

The person raised an eyebrow my way in a teasing manner, a small smirk lifting the corner of their lips up. A hand still loosely holding my forearm, which I gently shook off. A satisfied smirk made its way on my face before I turned around changing it to a fake smile when I faced my previous make out buddy that was just about to complain.