And she found herself, running towards Connor and jumping on him. He grabbed her. And held his ground as the jeep pulled to a stop right in front of him.

“Nice one. Mr Eze” Jasmine said, letting out a loud laughter.

Eze came down from the car, smiling.

“That was not funny” Connor said, his cold gaze causing the laughter on Eze’s lips to disappear.

“I didn’t mean to frighten her” Eze apologised “My apologies, Mrs. Harrison”.

Kim nodded and came down from Connor’s arms, embarrassed. “When I drove it, those brakes were not working” she said, talking to Connor but, unable to look in his eyes. She was scared he wouldn’t believe her.

“Couldn’t someone have wet the brake lining?” Connor asked.

Eze nodded. “Were the brakes working when you started driving?”

“Yes” She said. “They were working”.

“Didn’t rain fall today?” Eze said “Rain!” He yelled triumphantly. “Your brakes got wet in the rain. That was what caused your accident” Eze said.

“Just a moment. Isn’t it possible for someone to have wet them before she started driving?” Connor asked.

“If anyone had wet them before she started driving, her brakes would never have worked” Eze answered, confidently.

Jasmine laughed. “Isn’t this funny?” She said. “We wasted time and money solving what was her own fault all along” Jasmine said. “Someone killed Richard. And the person is trying to kill me” She mimicked Kim’s voice, laughing boisterously “Now tell me, who is trying to kill you? Nobody. Nobody!” Jasmine roared with laughter.

Connor looked at her. “Let’s have some peace”.

At that moment, Kim felt like a fool. She just embarrassed herself and Fr. Mark who came here to support her. The elevator was said to have fallen because of rusty belt and not because someone wanted to cause harm. Am I being paranoid?

Connor walked to Eze, “car key, please?”

“I’m sorry for the time and money wasted” Kim said. “I guess I’ll have to go home now to my daughter”.

And Jasmine moved and blocked her path. “Not so fast, Mrs. Harrison”.

“What do you want?” Fr. Mark thundered.

Jasmine smiled at him and then, at Kim.

Connor came closer to them. And Jasmine also looked at him.

“A new report just came in” Jasmine said.

“I’m not aware of that. What does it say?” Connor asked.

“We’ve evidence to prove that someone dear to Richard killed him” Jasmine said.

“Who?” Kim said, “Who killed him?” Kim asked, closing her eyes as her heart shivered in pain to hear the name of a loved one or friend she trusted.

“You” Jasmine smirked. “Richard’s killer is none other but you, Mrs Kimberly Jacobs Harrison”.

****
Connor pushed Jasmine against a wall. “What game are you playing?”

“I love hot sex while standing” she said and moved her hips seductively against his pelvic region. “Hot and quiet fuck” She said.

Connor stepped away from her. Irritation, burning on his handsome face, then his expression turned inscrutable.