Arnav told him what to do and he got his instructions. All he needed to do it to create friendly and trustworthy relationship with Arnav's wife and take her with him to her new home. It was simple but complicated at the same time. The girl Arnav send to his house hugged Khushi and showed some real feelings towards her. She was obviously very glad to see Khushi and Mahendra would not forget her kind behavior. Everyone who behaved good with his family, will get his respect and this girl Lavanya got just a lot of it.

He stood now in front of them and waited for the girl to let go of Khushi, so that he could take a chance and talk about the future.

In the moment Lavanya let go of Khushi, Mahendra saw the tension in her eyes. He didn't like to talk unnecessary, so he tried to concentrate on direct conversation without all this around the bush.

He placed his hand on Khushi's head and gave her his blessings without any hesitation. Mahendra saw how confused she was, but she didn't hit his hand away and he was glad about this. His hand still on her head, Khushi looked deeply in his eyes with questions in her face and intended to answer some of them with pure honesty.

>>I am Arnav's and Anjali's uncle. My name is Mahendra Singh Raizada. You can call me uncle or dad. I am going to call you my daughter.<<

Her glance moved from Lavanya to Arnav's uncle and back. It seemed like she wanted to hear from Lavanya how to react. Lavanya came late in the night and she slept already in his house. She was extremely friendly and fresh. Manorama, Mahendra's wife liked her immediately and opened her heart for this girl. Mahendra truly hoped his wife would open her heart for Khushi too.

Manorama knew only few about their past but enough to want Khushi in her house.

>>I am here to take you with me. Your mother is waiting at home for you and is very excited to meet you, Khushi.<<

Khushi continued to stay silent. It was ok. Mahendra knew that she rarely talked to anyone.

Anjali stepped in between and her face showed how unpleased she was.

>>You can't take her with you. She just came back with us. You can't force her.<<

His eyes moved to Anjali and once again he realized how deep the dig was between them. She still didn't forgave him for understanding her father. He looked down to hide his feelings and shook his head slowly. The thing with young people is that they are too fragile for the complexity of this world. They have been raised to live in a perfect world with perfect people. They have been taught from their parents to believe in perfect way of life.

The truth is, that the life was far away from being perfect.

Back in the time he and his sister married, young people have very less to say who to marry and spend the life with. Your family decided and you have to do what they want you to do. It was same rule for girls and boys. While Mahendra got the pleasure to met his soulmate, his sister has only bad luck in her relationship. They tried hard to keep it together, but failed. Maybe his sister loved him more than he loved her, but it could also be, that she felt responsible and forced to be together with her husband because she was married. Girls have always been taught to respect their parent's decisions and in the time they married, it was so that girls and even boys didn't get any say in their future. It was the family who decided who is the life partner. Not the kids.

As much he understood his sister and her high values, Mahendra also understood the want to be free of the society and everything else that force people to push themselves into the system. He understood how hard it could be for someone to live in a relationship with someone with whom you are unable to create the connection.