54. Day of Joy, Day of Sorrow.

Y/N was doing her best not to dissolve into tears. The day of the wedding had dawned bright and early, and Y/N had been up before the crowing of the rosters to start preparing for the ceremony. Maids bustled around, grabbing various items and products to aid in getting Y/N ready.

She stood on the platform she had been on before as Abela carried the finished wedding dress over to her friend. "What's with that sad look on your face Y/N?" She asked with concern.

"I'm not sad," Y/N said quickly, taking the dress from Abela and starting to put it on with the help of several of the maids. "Today is the happiest I have ever been in my whole life, but I am just so nervous at the same time."

"Look at me," she said, holding up her hands to Abela. "I am shaking like a leaf, I don't know if I can go through with this."

"Don't worry my lady," Fiora said in a firm voice as she did up the buttons on the back of Y/N's bodice. "You just have a case of pre-ceremony jitters. I remember before I became Abela's governess I was her mother's personal maid, and she was just as nervous on her wedding day. Everything will work out, You'll see."

"Fiora's right," Abela agreed, clutching her friend's hands in her's as the rest of the maids finished up Y/N's hair. "Everything will be just fine. Frosino loves you, and you love him. Besides, I will be by your side the whole ceremony, you don't need to worry about anything."

"Thank you," Y/N replied, gripping Abela's hands tightly. "You have made me feel better already."

Turning to face the other ladies in the room, Y/N swallowed the lump forming in her throat and said, "thank you all for your help. If you don't mind I would like some time to myself before the ceremony."

"Of course, take all the time you need," Fiora agreed as she shooed the other ladies out of the room. Once the door closed behind the last maid, Y/N turned to look at herself in the mirror.

Her hair had been elaborately styled with pearl hairpins, and cascading down her back from the crown of her head was an ornate Cappoit, a symbol along with her wedding band that she was a married woman. Many different beauty products had been used to enhance her natural beauty, and Y/N felt as though she was glowing.

Then there was her incredible dress. It fit her perfectly and accentuated the graceful curves of her body. The white fabric just reached the floor at the front, and the train trailed like water behind her. The bodice with its sweetheart neckline and short puffed sleeves showed just enough skin to be enticing, but not so much that it appeared scanty and inelegant.

Y/N drew in a deep, shaky breath. Even though the comforting words of the other ladies had done much to calm her, she was still incredibly anxious. "I think I will go talk with Frosino, he never fails to make me feel better," Y/N said out loud as she stepped off of the small platform with her bouquet of mountain Primroses held in one hand.

She left her room and walked down the hall to Frosino's. Upon entering she was disappointed to see that he was not in there. She was just about to turn and leave when something caught her eye on the other side of the room.

Walking closer to inspect it, Y/N felt her curiosity grow as she saw the thing that caught her eye was a shirt sleeve that was stuck in the doors of the wardrobe. Y/N reached out her hand and pulled the doors of the wardrobe, and when she saw what was inside she let out an ear-piercing scream.

Tola's dead body was squashed at the bottom of the wardrobe, her eyes wide and staring, with several bloody garments that belonged to Frosino shoved in with her. A moment after the doors opened, the bloody corpse fell stiffly to the ground with a thud.

Y/N jumped back in surprise, and let out another scream of terror at seeing the dead body of someone she cared so much about in her fiancee's wardrobe. Y/N felt like the room was spinning as she tried to process what she was seeing.