32. Rival Beauties.

Y/N was awoken for the fourth time in the past few days by the sound of a bell. Throwing herself from the warm embrace of her soft blankets, Y/N exited her room, still in her nightdress.

She speed-walked down the hallway, already well aware of where the sound was coming from. Stopping outside the room that had been Abela's since she had arrived the previous week, not even bothering to knock, Y/N burst throw the door angrily. "Abela, how many times do I need to tell you that ringing the bell for service won't work because this castle doesn't have any maids on staff." She said crossly.

Abela widened her blue eyes and feigned a look of surprise on her doll-like face. "Oh, forgive me, I guess I just keep forgetting," she said mockingly. "Now, go make me some tea Y/N."

"You can't tell me what to do," Y/N replied definitely.

"You're right, I can't," Abela replied, and for a moment, Y/N thought that the girl had admitted defeat, until a smirk stretched her plump lips as she continued, "but I will start ringing the bell again if you don't."

Not wanting to hear that terrible tinny bell again, and knowing full well that Abela would follow through on her threat, Y/N had no choice but to leave for the kitchen.

. . .

As Y/N stood in the kitchen making tea for the obnoxious girl, she couldn't help the stream of spiteful thoughts about the newest resident of Castle de Crivell. At first, Y/N had felt bad for the girl, given how none of her other family members would take her in, but now that she had experienced the blonde's terrible personally herself, she was beginning to wish that she had turned Abela away. Now that winter was on its way, Y/N couldn't simply kick the girl out, and would be stuck living with her until spring.

The only time when Abela's behavior became tolerable was when her governess, Fiora was around, and that was surprisingly rare, considering that she spent most of her time in her room, or in the library making new lesson plans for Abela. Y/N would sit in on those lessons, even though she found the study of the aristocracy incredibly dull, it was the one place Abela was sure to leave her be.

Whenever the blonde was free from under the strict eye of her governess she would pull all sorts of cruel mischief on Y/N. She would pull hair and kick shins, she would trip Y/N as they passed in the hall, and would tie the laces of her riding boots together, she had even started making Y/N do things for her, like make her tea, and washing her clothes: all the while acting like the perfect little lady in front of Fiora.

It angered Y/N how she was being bullied in her own home, but there didn't seem to be much of anything she could do. She doubted that Fiora would believe her if she told her what was going on. She wouldn't be able to kick them out until spring, and even then, she didn't think that they would leave unless the order came from Frosino himself, and if she wrote to him and told him what was happening, it would take months to get to him.

With a sigh, Y/N placed the tea service on a tray to carry it upstairs, when she suddenly realized that there was something that she could do. Taking the sugar pot from the tray, and dumping the sugar back in the jar, she filled it with salt instead, before returning it to the tray, and leaving the kitchen with a skip in her step.

. . .

Y/N smirked as she saw the daggers that Abela was glaring at her from the other side of the room that Fiora had set up as a classroom. Y/N's smile only widened as Abela continued to glare, it was time that Abela got as good as she gave.

Abela had a big sweet tooth and Y/N figured that her prank with the salt is the sugar jar had been especially well received. She turned her attention to Fiora's lesson; it was not that she found the topic interesting, she just knew that Abela hated to be ignored.

"As you both may know, Dembocc is a non-hereditary title placed on the most influential and wealthy merchants and land-owners in Luccia. Once a man is chosen to be a Dembocc by the king, along with his own business matters, he will also have the added responsibility of acting as an ambassador for the Royal Family, either nationally, or abroad."

Y/N was distracted from the quite interesting lecture that Fiora was giving by a sudden flick to the back of her head. She turned to see that Abela had made a tiny paper ball, and thrown at her. "You will pay for what you did to my morning tea!" She hissed darkly.

Y/N smirked back at her, waiting for Fiora to turn her back. When she did, Y/N faked a look of remorse as she whispered: "I am so sorry Abela, I must have mixed up the salt with the sugar. It happens all the time. I guess I am not going to be making you tea anymore."

"What makes you think that I will let you," Abela challenged, forgetting to keep her voice down.

"You're right, you didn't give me permission to stop," Y/N said, pretending to be beaten. "But you never know what I might put in your tea by accident."

Abela opened her mouth to retort in anger, but had no choice but to bite her tongue as Fiora said: "girls, stop your gossiping, we are in the middle of a lesson."

Y/N grinned in triumph as Abela had to drop the argument with a sour huff. The lesson finished without any further incident, and as Y/N left she couldn't help but think Having Abela around might not be so bad.

A/N

More of a filler chapter, but it can not be all action now can it?

Y/N is finally standing up to Abela which is nice, but what if this is all it will take to push Abela to do even more terrible things?

Until next time, I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~