Bed Head

We woke up from the sound of birds chirping from my window that was wide open. I began to sit up. Looking over I see a partially dead JJ soundly asleep. I chuckle and get up, changing into a different set of clothes. I walk out of my room to see an empty, quiet house with sun rays beaming in every corner. Dad's probably already left for work hours ago. A cold pot of coffee sat on the kitchen counter. I go to dump it in the sink but a piece of paper catches my eye. 

Kodi, 

For the next few days, me and the boys are going out fishing for a few days to get some fish that are coming in from the north. I meant to tell you sooner, sorry bug. I don't want you feeling lonely so you should go on a trip with your friends. 

Be back soon

JJ start to wake up from around the corner. 

"Morning sleepyhead." I say. He rubs his eyes as he comes over grogily to me. Starting your morning with the smell of the salty sea water in the air and a shirtless JJ is honestly the best morning I've ever experienced. I can't help but smile like an idiot. 

"Where's your dad?" He asks standing right in front of me. 

"Fishing trip for a few days." I said, barely making the words out when he's this close. What's gotten into me? 

"So it's just you and me?" He says, looking me in eyes. Oh boy. I can't even think of a good response so I just nod my head. JJ smirks and walks closer to me, his face bruised from yesterday's beating he took from his dad and the kooks. Yet, he still manages to look that good. 

With his so close I feel like I can't breathe. You know that feeling when your stressed or overwhelmed? And your throat feels tight like it's closing up? JJ's smirk makes it impossible to get a full breathe it. That's when he leans in and kisses me fast yet heavy. Whoa what? OK were doing this. Before I could even kiss him back he pulls away a pats my head. 

"Someone's got bed head." He grins and begins to walk back into my room. I just stand there trying to comprehend what just happened.  

After a few moments I come back to reality and head back to the room as well to find JJ putting his shoes on. 

"Have you ever gone camping?" I ask. He glances up with a confused face. 

"Kodi, look outside. You see any forest? The best you can do is camp out on a boat." Well I feel stupid now. 

"OK then, do you wanna go boat camping?" This catches his attention. 

"Just you and me? Tonight?" Yeah no I don't think I can handle JJ for a night trapped on a boat where I would have to swim to shore if needed. 

"No no the crew. Pope, John B, and Kiara." I respond. His grin slowly turned into an downward frown.  

"Oh, I'm sure they would be down. Do you wanna go an ask them?" He says sitting on my bed. 

"We could... or we can go surf for a bit on the morning break and ask them later." Now it's my turn to grin. 

We both grabbed some boards and headed out back to the waves. We didn't even look at the time but it must've been early because the sun looked about 30 minutes fresh from sunrise. It was just us out on the water. No one else. It was perfect. 

One of the things I love about me and JJ's relationship, what it is, is that JJ is one of the few people that can keep up with me. Even Luke couldn't catch some of the waves or even swim out as far. In his fairness, his passion was music and not surfing. There's something I love about when I catch a barrel and see JJ right behind me. A part of me hates it though. Surfing was always a safe place for me. I liked to be on my own level. But then JJ came in and now I feel like someone is in my safe place with me. It's different from what I'm used to I guess. 

AUTHORS NOTE:
I realised even though I've lost a lot of motivation for this story, I still have a few chapters written that I never published. Including this one...

The attention this story got soon after I stopped writing is insane. It honestly made me smile so much seeing the love it got.
If you want me to continue this story, let me know! If alot of you are still into it, I would love to finish this.
Best Wishes~
SW