Chapter 22: The Rescue V.2

ATTENTION: This chapter is does not contribute to the storyline! This is just Annabeth's point of view of the rescue! Feel free to skip the next chapter!

Annabeth's POV

Today was the day. I was going to die today.

I fell in and out of consciousness through out the night. My legs ached from standing. If I did somehow get out of these binds, I doubt I could even walk. I was half awake when I heard multiple footsteps above me. I thought it was weird, since Helen was the one who could be walking around. From the basement, I heard the doorbell ring. Little did the person at the door know, a helpless teenage girl was being tortured right below them. I felt my eyes start to water. I'd never get to say goodbye to Percy, or any of my new friends. My eyelids felt heavy, and I drifted asleep.

I was awoke by the rope around my ankles being moved around. I heard shouting, and sounds of battle. I opened my eyes, and saw Percy kneeling, cutting the rope at my ankles.

"Percy?" I said still groggy. He looked up at me, and I instantly sobered up. His sea-green eyes met mine, and I felt a sense of joy.

"You came?" I said surprised. He smiled, and I could tell he was trying not to cry.

"Of course, Wise Girl. I would go to hell and back for you." I smiled. I swear, I could marry him right then and there. Soon, both restraints were off. I tried to stand, but I collasped onto Percy. I felt his strong arms catch me. My legs were too weak to do anything. I sighed in frustration. I hated being helpless. Percy put me down slowly against the wall. He handed me the small pocket knife he had cut the rope off with. I nodded, and he went back into the fight. I somehow didn't notice Jason and Piper fending off Helen's minions. Jason was hitting them with a baseball bat, and Piper a crowbar. I couldn't believe it. They all came for me. Percy swung his baseball bat wildly, and the men seemed to be getting tired.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON DOWN HERE!" I heard Helen yell. Oh no. Helen was not afraid to kill. She walked down the stairs, when Hazel appeared on the top of the staircase. HAzel lunged and tackled Helen to the ground. She then began to hit Helen with the flat side of her ax. Not gonna lie, it felt good to see her get her ass kicked. Percy came running back towards me. I saw one of the men stood back up and kicked Percy to the ground. His bat rolled across the floor to the other side of the room. The man then started to punch Percy repeatedly. 

"Percy!" I shrieked. His face became bloody and bruised in an instant. The guy then kicked Percy out of the way, and started to make his way towad me. I held up my knife trying to look intimidating, but it was hard when you couldn't even walk. The guard seemed to smile beneath his mask, as if he found it humerous. I glared at him, but he was soon slammed into the wall by Frank, and knocked out cold. I saw Percy manage to get up, and started to walk unsteadily towards me. He held his hands out, and I took them. He helped me get up, then lift me off the ground into his arms with ease. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and began to make his way out. We weaved in and out of the fights.

"Percy, what are you doing?" Jason yelled.

"We're leaving, let's go!" He shouted back. I watched behind him, and saw Jason and Piper start to sprint up the stairs behind us. Percy was running with insane speed through my house. I saw the front door was wide open, and Percy sprinted right through it. I cried into his neck. I looked back up to see everyone running behind us. We were now running down the sidewalk, and I saw a van parked at the end of the street. As we got closer, I found Leo sitting in the driver's seat of the van. We're almost there. I felt Percy glance back, and he slowed down. He came to a complete stop and so did Jason.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I put me down on the sidewalk, and my legs gave out and I leaned onto them.

"Go! Take her to the van!" Percy yelled.

"What are you doing?" I asked again. Percy kept looking back at the guy and us quickly.

"Percy, what are you-"

"Go, dammit! He has a gun!" He cut me off. Jason looked back.

"NO, Percy please-" I pleaded. I didn't want to lose him again.

"Go. Get her safe." He said firmly. Before I had time to argue, he sprinted toward the man.

"For the love of god-" Jason picked me up and ran toward the van. I heard a shot ring through the air. I looked back and saw Percy collasp on the sidewalk. He yelled in pain.

"PERCY!" I screamed. Jason didn't look back. My tears fell on his purple shirt. I clawed and kicked at Jason, hoping he would put me down so I could save Percy. Jason gripped me tighter, not wanting to fail his quest.

"We have to go get him!" I screamed again. Percy writhed on the ground, and he bled out on the sidewalk. He clung onto his shoulder. Hazel and Frank turned around and ran back toward him.

"Just go." He groaned. Hazel and Frank hesitated, but then ran back with us. We reached the van, and Jason put me in the backseat.

"We can't just leave him!" I cried hysterically.

"We aren't." I heard Leo say in the front of the van. Through the front windshield, I saw Percy try and get up, but he fell over into the road. The rest tumbled into the van.

"Leave the door open." Leo ordered.

"Are you insa-"

"Jason, Frank, you two are going to pull him into the van when I drive by." Leo cut Hazel off. He turned the engine on and pressed his foot flat on the pedal. The van sped off and Jason and Frank sat by the open door, ready to pull Percy in. At just the right time, Jason and Frank managed to grab Percy's wrist and beneath his shoulder. They pulled with all their might and Percy slammed against the other car door. Frank and Jason flew back, and Piper managed to close the door. Percy was drenched in sweat. I leaned down to him from my seat. I stroked his forehead, and that seemed to relax him.

"You are the bravest person I had ever met." I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Anything for you, Annabeth." That made my heart melt. I held his freshly calloused hand. I felt a tug on the back of my shirt, and Piper pulled me back and engulfed me in a hug. She held the back of my head with her hand.

"You truly are a warrior, Annabeth." She whispered in my ear.

"Thank you, Piper." I said back to her. Hazel wrapped her arms around the both of us, and I knew I would be in good hands.