Chapter 3: What the Hell are You Doing Here???

Percy's POV

I cut through the trees and took a left. It was an uphill walk from there. It was a place right outside the busy New York streets, and had a small lake. There was a clear space in the middle of the thick forest, which overlooked the entire lake.
I got there just in time for it to start to sprinkle. I sighed and sat down under a tree and pulled my hood up even further. I looked over on the empty lake and reflected on my existence. I put my head in my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs. I shed a tear thinking no one cared for me. I picked up a rock and skidded it on the water. I was watching it jump across the lake when I heard a twig snap. I jumped up to my feet.

"Hello?" I asked bravely.

"Hello?" I heard a female voice say. It seemed a little bit familiar. The figure peered around the corner to see the bitch Annabeth Chase herself.

"Percy?"

"Annabeth?" We said at the same time. She had three deep cuts on her right cheek and a blood soaked hole in her black leggings.

"What are you doing here?" We said at the same time again.

"It's none of your business. What about you?" She said crossing her arms.

"I'm not telling you. How do you know about this place?"

"I could ask you the same question." She snapped back. I rolled my eyes. It suddenly started to pour down rain. I groaned.

"Well, looks we're stuck here together." I said leaning on tree. She came under the trees to where it was dry.

"What happened to you?" She looked concerned and touched my jawline where Gabe threw a beer bottle at me. My face turned pink and I swatted her hand away.

"I'm fine. What about you?" She stared out on the lake. She opened her mouth to say something but thunder boomed in the sky making her trip. My instincts kicked in and I caught her bridal-style. I stared into her stormy-grey eyes for a split second. Both of our eyes widened, and I quickly put her down. Annabeth cleared her throat and brushed herself off.

"Sorry." I mumbled scratching the back of my neck. I sat back down. I don't know why, but I kept blushing. God, why am I getting flustered around this girl!?! I hated her! She sat down on the oppisite side of me. She stared out at the water. 

"Don't touch me ever again. I'd rather fall in the water." I stared at her in disbelief and scoffed.

"Why do you always have to be a toxic bitch?" I said angerly.

"I don't mean to!" Her voice cracked and she looked away. I instantly felt bad. Annabeth looked down at the ground. I could see a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Don't. It's not about you." She said knowing I was looking at her.

"Well, there is a first time for everything." I said. I saw her crack a little smile. Feeling proud of myself, I did something incredibly stupid. I took my thumb and wiped the tear from her face. Once I realized what I'd done, I backed away with my eyes closed expecting a slap. I opened one eye to see Annabeth looking at me like I'm an idiot.

"What are you doing?" She asked. I opened my other eye.

"Um...well I was expecting a slap." I replied honestly. I noticed she had a small blush on her face. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"You're such a Seaweed Brain." She said trying to act mad.

"Seaweed Brain?"

"Yeah, 'cause your head is full of seaweed." She replied simply.

"Well guess what! You are a uh... Wise Girl." I said stupidly.

"Wise Girl? You know that's a compliment, right?" She said with a smirk on her face.

"And that is why it is your nickname. You are a wise-ass." She laughed, and I gave a small smile. Suddenly, as if on cue, the rain abruptly stopped. I stood up and took a step towards Annabeth. She looked up and stared into my eyes. I held out my hand and she took it. I helped her up.

"So much for the 'no touching' rule." I said smirking. She stuck her tongue out. Hey, maybe this girl isn't so bad as I thought.

"By the way, this doesn't mean anything. I still hate you." She said crossing her arms.

"That's a copy." I winked at her and ran off. I raced back home in a comepletley different mood, smiling to myself.