Chapter 21: The Rescue

Percy's POV
I didn't sleep that night. In fact, I didn't even try. I couldn't get image of Annabeth bloody, bruised, and in agony out of my head. The sound of her broken voice screaming my name for help echoed through my head as I stayed up at my desk, trying to orchestrate a perfect plan. I knew where she was, and who she was with; that witch of a step-mother Helen. She had to be in her house somewhere, I just didn't know where exactly. Thoughts and possibilities raced through my mind. Hazel and Frank would be the distraction while Jason, Piper and I get in through a her bedroom window. Hazel and Frank would knock on the front door and try to say they were trying to sell something for charity. I prayed that Helen would answer instead of Annabeth's dad, Frederick. My blood boiled at the name. How could he let his own daughter be abused while he just sits from the sidelines and not do anything? I hated him too, but not as much as Helen.

Anyway, those two would try and stall her and talk to her about donating to a fake cause, while we broke in and searched the house for Annabeth. I knew Helen was smart, so I know that she wouldn't hide her in plain sight. There has to be an attic, or a a secret room hidden somewhere. We would all bring weapons, but not weapons that could kill.

"We don't want a murder on our hands." I told everyone. We would fight our way through the house and rescue Annabeth, and Leo would be the getaway driver. And we would all live happily ever after. I sighed. What a total fucking mess.

It was eventually morning, and I told everyone to meet up at the hangout spot with their weapon of choice. I rummaged through my closet that had a whole bunch of random stuff. I thought back to when I used to play baseball. I flipped through boxes until I found a wooden baseball bat.

"Bingo." I said out loud. The bat seemed to fit perfectly in my hands, and was neither to heavy or to light. I saw a flip knife sitting on my desk. I hesitated. I didn't want to have to go to that. But nothing was going to get in my way of saving Annabeth. I grabbed it, put in my pocket, and walked out the door.

                                                                                                                         -------

"Again, we are not killing anyone, as much as I would like too." I repeated. The pocket knife suddenly felt heavy in my pocket, as if to say I'm still here. It was now around 10 o'clock, and we had about 2 hours left until Annabeth would be killed without hesitation.

"Hazel, Frank, you two will be a distraction. You'll pretend to be charity workers asking for her to donate to a fake organization. Keep her talking for as long as you can." They all nodded. I felt nervous, everyone's eyes were on me. I was their leader. I glanced down at their weapons of choice. Leo had a hammer, Hazel had a small ax, and Frank his bare hands. I thought that was reasonable. The guy was absolutely massive, but his body didn't match his baby face.

"Interesting choice of weapons. Anyways, Jason, Piper and I will go through Annabeth's bedroom window which she told me was always unlocked." That seemed to raise some eyebrows. I turned red and cleared my throat.

"Uh, let's see. Two baseball bats and a crowbar should do some damage." I said. Jason had also brought a baseball bat, and Piper the crowbar.

"Good choice of weaponry." Jason smiled at me. I gave a small smile back.

"Leo, you will be the getaway driver." Everyone gave eachother a quesy look.

"I'm not sure I would trust Leo to drive." Frank said nervously.

"Hey, I would get us out of there no matter what." Leo threw his hands up in defense.

"True. He once ran over a traffic cone to avoid hitting a pigeon. Nothing get's in his way." Piper said. Leo nodded in agreement.