Chapter 15: Student Transfer

Annabeth's POV

I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking about Percy, and how he made my heart flutter. It only confirmed one thing, the crush I had always had for him. God, sounds so cliche, but it's true. I had almost completely forgot about the events that happened before. I didn't even care that Helen had tore some of my cheek off for apparently "being late." Percy made up for that. I still remember how good it felt to be wrapped in his arm. He was so warm and comforting. I feel something for him that I didn't for Luke. Luke didn't make me feel flustered, or have the electricity that me and Percy have. No going to lie, when he showed my that video, I felt a little happy. Happy that Percy is, well, single. My cheeks turned red just thinking about it. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm excited for school tomorrow.

                                                                                                                     -------
I was grabbing my books from my locker, when I heard yelling from the other side of the hallway. I closed my locker door shut and walked toward the noise. I got closer and saw it was Percy and Rachel. Oh boy. I thought.

"I saw the video, Rachel. Don't try and deny it!" Percy shouted.

"What are you talking about?" She said sheepishly. I don't think a toddler could believe that. I walked up to Percy and placed my hand on his back.

"C'mon Perce. You don't need her." He seemed shocked and wasn't angry anymore. Instead, his face turned red.

"Ok." He gulped. He glared at Rachel, who was embarassed that she has been caught. He turned around and walked with me. He sighed.

"There's no point in trying to deny when I literally have proof!" He said angrily.

"Yeah, I know." I rubbed my hand in circles on his back, which seemed to calm him down. I smiled and blushed at the fact I made Percy calm down. He sighed.

"Thanks for calming me down." He scratched the back of his neck. showing that he was nervous. He also had a light shade of pink spread across his cheeks.

"I'll see you in science." I smiled.

"Uh yeah, bye." He said flustered. I walked through the door of first period and was confused. There was a lot more people. I recognized a few, Piper and Hazel. I saw them at the place Percy took me. Piper had eyes like a kalaidiscope: you couldn't really tell the color of them. Her hair was a choppy and brown, and she had very tanned skin to the point she was almost brown. Hazel had frizzy curls and golden eyes. They have the craziest eyes. I thought. Her skin was dark and she was quite short. I smiled and walked over to them.

"Hey, I'm Annabeth. I saw you when I was with Percy at your little hangout spot a couple weeks ago."

"Oh, hey. How are you?" Hazel asked politely. They both seemed gratefull that I had recognized them.

"Uh, good. What are you guys doing here?" I sat down to the desk closest to them.

"Our school ran out of funding and shut down, so we got tranferred here." Piper said.

"That's so awesome that you guys are here. I'll give you a quick rundown of the school. Stay away from Drew and her posse, you don't want to be apart of that. Also, don't get the school's ham sandwich. I learned that a while back." They both laughed.

"Who's Drew and her posse?" Piper asked. Right on que, Drew walked through the door. Her face was covered in a mountain of makeup, and she wore hotpink heels with a leopard print shirt and shorts. She tried to dye her hair blonde, but it looked horrible. It was more yellow than blonde.