Chapter Thirteen

The trip to the airport was long and she cried the whole way. Pinar didn't know what to do, she kept glancing at her, trying to decide what to say. Sanem tried to hide her pain, but that was impossible to do. Pinar touched her hand, " Ms. Sanem, please be ok, is there anything I can do." She pleaded. Her words fell on deaf ears, for Sanem was in her own world, her world of hurt and pain. There was nothings she could do for her, but watch as her friend suffered. They arrived in Rabat, took a taxi to the hotel. Pinar, handled her responsibility as assistant and checked them in, then ushered Sanem into the elevator and up to their rooms. She lead her into her room, as if she was a child. She wondered what possibly could have happened while she had been gone with this mysterious man. Pinar knew she needed to call Kai, and find out what to do. Upset  that something like this would happen while Sanem was under her care, she got her settled before going on to her room. She rushed to her own room, grabbed the phone and rang Kai. Spilling the whole scenario to him, and telling him the condition she was in, he thought maybe to cancel the signing might be the best.

Kai was aware of the situation between Sanem and Can, though not every detail had been revealed to him, he knew the basics. Can had to be the person that Sanem had found there, the one she loved more than anything. Their story was always so complex, he wondered how someone with that much love for someone could live without them. Thinking of his own life and marriage, how could he possibly have lived without his wife. He ached for his friend, he knew she took her career very serious, so much so she would sacrifice her happiness for it. Maybe someone else should take control of her fate and force her to be happy. He quickly got on the phone to the bookstore in Rabat, explaining that there had been circumstances arrive that was beyond their control and Ms, Sanem wouldn't be able to furnish them a visit at this time. They were very disappointed of course but Kai knew this was for the sake of his friend and boss. Everyone had the right to be happy, even if they didn't know it themselves. He felt so bad that he wasn't there himself, to tell her how stupid she was for letting anything stand in her way of that kind of love. 

Miguel, knocked on the door that stood wide open, peeking in and seeing Mr. Can sprawled out on the bed. Why was he sleeping in the middle of the afternoon, he thought. Should he wake him, they did have a shoot in an hour. He knocked again, just a little louder. Can jumped, and turned over, showing the face of despair, and heartache.  " Miguel, what, what do you want. " He stammered, rubbing his face as if to rub away the signs of his feelings. " Sorry Mr. Can. But we have a shoot on about an hour, did you forget." He stated. Can closed his eyes, " I can't, I just can't, he thought. His mind was like mush, and he felt like he had been on a drinking binge.   "Oh, you're right, do you mind taking care of that one on your own, " he asked, " I seem to have come down with something, and I wouldn't want to expose them to it." Miguel smiled and nodded his head, knowing the excuse was a lie, but willing to help out his friend. Can got up from his bed and staggered into the bathroom, holding on to the counter he glanced at the shower, recalling the last shower they had shared, and how his heart was so happy, and now look at me, he thought. When he came out Miguel was gone, off to take care of the business. Can had no interest in it, he had no interest in anything. He was empty of thought and feeling. Why did he even need to exist. 

Kai rang Sanem's phone, she grabbed it quickly, hoping it to be Can, but it wasn't. She rolled her eyes and answered. " Yes Kai, how are you." She sighed. " Well, well, well, my dear friend. It seems you may have gotten yourself into a dilemma of sorts. So what I have done is cancel your signing for tomorrow and booked you a flight back to Malaga. I don't expect an argument, or a thank you. Just be a good little girl and be back at the airport in 3 hours." He ordered. "How can anyone so smart, be so stupid." He yelled. " You don't owe any of us anything, " he spewed, Just that man of yours and I think it's time you give him the love he deserves, don't you." She released more tears, just when she thought she could cry no more, there they were, but these were tears of gratitude and joy. " Kai, are you sure, I mean, what did they say, will that jeopardize the book....OH, who cares."  She screamed. "Yes to the airport in 3 hours. Is Pinar coming too." She asked. Kai laughed, " Nope, she's going home, so don't worry about her, she won't be your watchdog anymore. Stay as long as you want, forever, if that's what YOU want. Just be happy." He said.

The wait was excruciatingly long, she arrived back at the airport long before her flight. Pinar was leaving, going home to Istanbul, so her plane left a bit before Sanem's. They said their goodbyes and she watched her board. Her heart sang, finally she knew her fate, it was with him. She was free of doubts and fears, again she was ready to love and live for herself.  Her flight was quick and filled with excitement, her heart was about to burst. She landed, now just grab a taxi and get to his house as quick as possible was all that was thinking. Her mind was racing, what if he's not home, then what...."You wait, you wait until he comes home, you wait forever if you have to." She told herself. The taxi got her there in record time, with a little encouragement from her. She was giddy with excitement, she could barely breath. The driver unloaded her bags, one large suitcase, one carry on and a backpack, her purse.....and that was it. She had her arms loaded, trying to pull her roller suitcase in the sand and everything else falling all around her. 

He was sitting on the beach, his mind a million miles away. Drowning in his thoughts of his love. She trekked through the sand, " Sir, Sir,....excuse me. " she called. He didn't hear. She called again, " Sir, can you help me." She yelled louder. He was startled, his eyes grew big in disbelief, looking around to see her there, tangled in all her bags and her sun hat cocked to one side, about to fall off. " Sanem, my god, Sanem" he gasped. " Sir, I heard there was a place here that served the best fried eggs around, and the chef is amazing, am I at the right place." She asked. A smile crept across his face, he jumped up to meet her. He grabbed the loose bags in one hand and circled her body with the other. "What are you doing,"  he asked, looking around at her bags.    " Well, I plan on eating those eggs here for the rest of my life so thought I better bring a change of clothes."  If that's ok with you." She teased. The bags were dropped, and his arms wrapped around her body, he flipped off her dangling hat eagerly and covered her lips with his.

He couldn't believe she was there, but he felt her body melting into his. His mind racing and his heart happy, "She chose me, this time she chose me....

Breathless from the kiss, she whispered. " I can live here for the rest of my days, just me and you."..........can you?

Well friends, there you have it, the happy ending to this story, but not the end of their love story.                         Hope you enjoyed the read, this was long time coming....we know for sure it was happy, but the ending? .....Well,,we'll see.....

Thanks you for reading and supporting my stories. It has meant the world to me. I love you all..

Please continue to read " The Phoenix and the Albatross Series"

Part 3..." Flying...On the Wings of My Albatross"   Ready to read now on Wattpad..