"... Goodbye, Anastasia" He goes back to the carriage with his father.

Her face during the whole funeral stayed in his mind as he went home. Realizing that she didn't shed any tears nor had any eyebags on her face. She was just glum and sad. It made him feel strange about it when she didn't cry over the deaths of her parents whom she loved very much. It showed how strong she was physically and mentally to him.

'You were right...' he looked out the window. 'You don't cry' He reminisced of their childhood conversation again.

***

After that, Athanasia goes back to her new home which was the Quartz Palace that Claude built for them. It didn't take her long to adapt but the only thing that displeased her was the fact she's living with him. Their palaces were right next to each other and on the opposite end of the Emerald Palace. Ever since Athanasia woke up, Diana has been recovering from her depression and began to cheer up for her daughter but her mood would immediately go down whenever Claude came. She didn't hate him nor like him, she was still irritated by him trying to woo her when her lover literally died not long ago. Nevertheless, she has to meet him and discuss work but they don't do that.

"... I got complaints from my knights about your maids' behaviors again" Claude mentions and Diana just blankly stares at him. "But I'll let it go this time"

"You always say that..." Diana sighed. "When will you stop?"

"Stop what?" He gives her the cold eyes but she remains unfazed by it.

"This. I get that you're taking care of us but you're going overboard" Her expression darkens. "The gifts mean nothing to me and giving me work does not automatically make me your Empress. I already clarified that I'm not your lover"

She didn't care about him and gave him the dead eyes. He looks at her with a straight face, unable to respond to her words as his heart once again breaks. Although she rejects him, he still believed that he was somewhere in her heart.

"What's so great about him?"

"Oh? We're going on that topic now are we?" Diana frowned upon him and he got infuriated.

"You think you're cunning? Do you even remember our past?" Claude said and Diana pressed her lips together.

She was glaring at him which was new to Claude because he never saw her give him an ugly face in disgust. Her hand was gripping on her teacup tight as she grits her own teeth in fury at his question. Then she took a deep breath and calmed herself.

"Yes" She answered emotionlessly and he flinched at the tone of her voice. "... I remember and know everything..."

"Then why do you act like this?" He grumbles. "You're very aware of what we were"

"Were. Your Majesty" She empathizes. "I'm not the woman you think. She died"

"You're in denial"

"No, you are"

"Are we going to play like this?" They were both frowning at each other. "You're being immature"

"And you're a coward!" She burst out and slammed her fist against the table, making everything on it shake. He becomes speechless at her as she realizes what she had just done. Then she calms herself once again and speaks in a stern voice.

"... I apologize, Your Majesty. I didn't mean to insult you." She took another deep breath and reorganized her thoughts. "... You're just hurt"

"Don't say that. You're the one who's hurt"