08 | 𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯

08 | 𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 -
OCTOBER 6TH, 1989

      "DAMN, your hair is so beautiful." Marisol watched her fingers continue to weave through Liberty's long mahogany hair into singular braids, adding extra length till it reached the end of her back. She was seated in Liberty's desk chair leaned forward in concentration. She forged her neglect on the aching within her hands as she tried not to rush through the process.

Liberty was seated between her legs on the floor with a pillow beneath her to keep her butt from hurting.

Her knees were bent against her chest with her hands entwined in front of her. Marisol had been working on her head for a good two and a half hours with short breaks here and there. Mari didn't mind her having to stretch or use the bathroom but because she was pressing on time, she wanted to be done before midnight.

"Mm." She hisses at the tight encounter along her scalp. Her jaw clenching and unclenching to keep herself from cursing loudly. "I have sooo many products to keep it maintained, it's ridiculous." Her eyes rolled and Mari agreed, "tell me about it."

"Never expected braiding to hurt so much, though." Grunted Liberty.

"Well, what did you expect, girl?" Mari chuckled.

"Well, I wasn't expecting it to hurt!"

"Personally, the pain isn't that bad."

"It isn't that bad?" Liberty exclaimed, "Marisol, it hurts!"

"Once you've gotten you're hair braided a few times, you'll get used to the pain." Liberty eyes widen at Marisol's choice of words.

It made her head turn towards her in shock, watching the smile grow across her lips as she giggled at her reaction. Mari has gotten her hair braided a few times before and the agonizing experience vanished after sometime. Naturally, she became immune to it.

Liberty, on the other hand, this wasn't her cup of tea, but no doubt loved the result.

After sitting there for another hour, nearly crying, might I add 一 her hair was dipped into a pot of boiling hot water, sprayed with some anti itch and protectant solution and patted it thoroughly with a towel. She stood before the body mirror examining her hair. "What made you want to braid?"

"Braiding and creating various hairstyles branched from playing with barbie dolls and messing around in my mother's make-up kit. I found that creativity doesn't just sop at artists, you know, kts not just some paint you put on canvas. It can go as far as what you have a passion for, going as far as inventing sonething on your own and becoming an artist of yourself. Cosmetology school is where I want to be and eventually I want to establish my own business."