Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:
Dirty Little Pogue!
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I am so glad they're still doing this." Kie sighed happily, handing the bag over to Fallon as she hummed in agreement. 

"Me too." Fallon grinned, swinging her arm back and forth as she quickened her steps to keep up with her taller friends. Pope, noticing she had fallen behind slightly, stopped in his tracks and waited for her. "Thanks."

"Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life." Kie continued, breathing deeply. "You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Yes." Fallon answered honestly, raising the coffee cup to her lips.

"Ecstatic." Pope answered sarcastically, clearing his throat

"You know, I'll be honest, my couch was pretty comfy." JJ said, putting down the lawn chairs and helping Fallon set them up. "Or Fallon's couch, shit, her couch is so fucking comfy."

"So comfy." Pope hummed in agreement, "Best damn couch I've ever sat on."

"I'd have to agree with you." Kie nodded, "Anyway, I'm gonna get something to drink."

"We're out of the green zone, man." Pope whispered to JJ and Fallon as Kie weaved through the crowd.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ said, extending his arms to represent being calm.

"Just breathe." Fallon nodded in agreement, "You know how to do that, it's easy. Everyone can! Except my cousin... But she has asthma."

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia." Pope hissed, his panic increasing rather than decreasing. "This is the last place I wanna be."

"Pope, shut up." JJ snapped, shooting Pope a look as Fallon seated herself in the lawnchair beside JJ.

"Du-"

"We're fucked." Fallon interrupted, tearing her eyes away from where Kie stood, talking to Rafe. "We are, and I cannot stress this enough, fucked."

"What are you talking about?" Pope asked, panic shining clear through his voice. "Fallon, seriously, wha-"

"Just saw Rafe," Kie started as she walked over to them, handing the Pepsis to JJ and Pope, "and he said, and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did' What is that?"

"Um.." JJ trailed off, pursing his lips and shaking his head.

"Ha!" Fallon laughed, "Hey, did you know-"

"Nothing." JJ interrupted, clamping his hand over Fallon's mouth before she could continue her sentence. "But, uh, where is he?"

"Right there." Kie answered, pointing to where Rafe stood with Kelce and Topper. Fallon gulped, shakily reaching up and pulling JJ's hand away from her mouth. When she locked eyes with Topper, her heart dropped and she quickly whipped around to avoid eye contact with him.

"Great." Pope squeaked, "The whole death squad.

"Don't stare, bro." JJ scolded, grabbing Pope by the crown of his head and forcefully turning him around. "Just warning you, bro, if they corner me, if they corner her, I'm coming out swinging, okay?"

"Yeah," Fallon nodded, "Okay. Wait-"

"Slicin' and dicin'." JJ continued before Fallon could ask about the her he threw in. "I'm on edge right now."

"Yeah, yeah." Pope nodded shakily as Kie looked in between the trio, clear confusion shining through her eyes. "Yeah."

"If that doesn't work," The blond continued, lifting the bag up, "I got this, right here."